GC not received yet for a member of my family

RS003

Registered Users (C)
Would appreciate your response to this.

I filed the I-485 for my whole family in Dec 2001. RD 11/07/03 (Vermont Center).

While my wife, son and I received our GC's in March 2003, my daughter, who is 15 now, did not receive hers. She did, however, get a notice to get her fingerprints done, which she did, at Norfolk, in June 2003. We had changed our address since and have also notified INS of the change, through both phone and the AR-11 form.

We already called BCIS a few months back and the officer was surprised why she was not approved yet. SHe had all the info with her regarding this case. She asked to call back within 30 days if we didn't hear anything, but she said she will see something is done on this case. When we didn't hear in 30 days we again called, and got the same response.

The third time I called a few weeks back, the rep ( at the national customer service center) transferred me to an immigration Officer who said the status could not be retrieved in his system. I told him that I could get the status on both the online status check as well as from the phone. He couldn't answer that but asked me to write to the supervisor of the Vermont Service Center.

I again called up INS today, and was routed to the immigration officer (since they said if I already have made 3 enquiries, they could not do any status check, but will have to transfer to an immigration officer). This time too the immigration officer could not retrieve my daughter's case status and she spologised for not having received any response. She took down the details and made a referral to the Vermont Service Center and said they would themselves get in touch with me regarding this.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? Can I still have some hope that this case will progress? Thanks you in advance for your kind response.

I had a similar situation:

RD 10/31/01 ND 12/03/01 FP 03/29//02

AD 10/31/02 for self, spouse & 5 yr daughter & PP@ Newark, NJ 11/13/02
for self & spouse & notice for FP fees of $50.00 on 11/15/02 for 15 yr son. FP notice receive 01/03 and FP for son done on 02/03. Did not followup with USCIS, Website status did not change. AD for son 10/24/03. PP@ Newark, NJ 11/05/03.

Wish you luck.