GC issues

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have some concerns regarding my petition for GC.
1) I filed I485 via employee based back on Dec. 2003, as I came from China, my case was delayed, so
2) I filed 2nd I485 via marriage and filed it at Nov.2005.
Here are my questions:

1) I received a notice of receiving my application on Dec.5, 2005 for I485, I130 and I 765. My lawyer said I should call for fingerprint, but when I called on the USCIS number was informed to wait for FP notice, does it true? Shall I receive FP notice first, or receive approval notice first, Can I walk in for FP?

2) My husband will assign a job in Asia soon, Can I join him? Or should wait in USA for I485 approval. Right now, I have a Advance patrol from my employer, Can I apply another one through marriage, or just like my lawyer said, don't go any where, wait in USA.

3) employee based GC is pending for so long, Can I still get it before marriage GC?

Any suggestions will be great appreclated.

My husband will assign a job in Asia soon, Can I join him? Or should wait in USA for I485 approval. Right now, I have a Advance patrol from my employer, Can I apply another one through marriage, or just like my lawyer said, don't go any where, wait in USA.

Listen to your attorney. If you are abroad while your adjustment of status is approved, you are in a complicated situation. Your advance parole is automatically cancelled and you don't have your green-card yet to re-enter the country.

There is also a chance that you threw the entire system into confusion by filing two separate adjustment of status applications. While it is apparently legal to do so, you are only allowed to adjust status once (and to receive 1 green-card).

GC confusion

thank you for your comments. Actually, regarding two I485 petitions, I posted a note at this website before asking for opinions. The answer was received was it will be fine to file two petitions at the same time, as long as cancel one petition before assigned a visa number for GC. So, I will be fine, right? :confused:

About my marriage petition, shall I walk in for fingerprint, or just wait for notice? I remembered that I should receive a notice to do a finger print before they approved my I765, right?

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

SOphie

1236 said:
shall I walk in for fingerprint, or just wait for notice?

It depends, read the "notice of action" you received for the 485. If it says call a 800 number to schedule for FPs, make the call. If it says you will receive FP appointment notices (through mail), then just wait for them. I got the FP appointments through mails (485 and ead).