GC Holder marrying a non USA citizen ?

waiting4gc2002

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I have been working here in USA on H1-B so far and I am expecting my GC approval in the next 2 months! Just to let you know, I am not yet married! I know, it is a very dumb thing to wait this long without getting married! But because of some personal problems through out this year, I couldn't marry this year!

So, my question is...
(1) Is it possible for me to bring my 'would be wife to USA' in any possible way? And what is that possible way?

(2) Can I go my country and marry a girl there and bring her on a dependent visa first and then apply for adjustment of status! FYI: I will have approval notice by then with me! But assume that I don't go for stamping. Can I bring my would be wife to USA as a dependent(H4) with the help of my valid H1 visa?

I am requesting every one of you people to please advise me on this point as this is very important for me & my future wife!

Thanking you in advance!!
:confused:

You can get married before your I 485 is approved and then add your spouses name to the AOS application.

Once you have an approval notice , regardless of your passport stamp your status is adjusted to that of a permanent resident.
Your wife cannot enter the US on an H-4 then because you wont have an H-1 status.

The other ways for your spouse to come here would be to get her own immigration status as 1. her own H-1 visa or her student visa.

Do consult an attorney.

Hope this helps