GC delayed because of pending FBI fingerprint approval

anil24

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

I had my green card interview today (GC through marriage to USC). The person said that I was approved, but they had not yet received results from the FBI! Then she went on to say that it might take upto 6 months to get the fingerprinting results. So basically she gave me a letter that stated approval pending FBI clearance. Once she receives the clearance, then she will send me a letter and I will have to go to the office and get my passport stamped.

I was a little confused as to why they had called my wife and I for the interview if they had not yet recevied the FBI clearance. Is there any way by which I can find out from the FBI as to what the status of my clearance is? If you have any phone numbers for the FBI office near San Jose, please email that to me.

Thanks for your help.

Anil

Hi:

I dont think the INS waits to send you the interview letter till the recieve the FBI fingerprinting results. Eg: I recieved my letter for the AOS interview on April 19th(interview on June 3rd) even though my fingerprinting tests was not till May 1st. Luckily for me when I went to the interview the test results were in and I was approved.

I dont think it is a major issue as I have noticed quite a few cases in the forums where peoples fingerprinting results have not made it in time for the interview. But it seems like you are over the major hurdle and should not have any problems.

Best of luck.

Akshay

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason we had the fingerprint appointment very early before our interview but still when we interviewed my husband had to give them additional fingerprints on some paper, we didn't read it but whatever it was we didn't ask. :confused:

FBI Clearance

Hey,

It is messed up issue. I file my GC on my wife in 02/02. I got my interview in 06/02. Immigration lady told me that she will review file and than my GC will be approved. As of now they are still waiting on FBI clearance. I am not sure why it is taking so long. I inquired with local saint Louis office but same reply. They stated INS cannot ask FBI and it can take time.....time I guess it is 2 years now.......

Any one know what can be hold up ?? I am in USA for 5 years now...F1...H1...and then I485.

Thanks,
Sid

In the same boat

I had FP in mid- Sep, and AOS Interview in Mid- October

I am waiting for already 9 months for FBI clearance.
I called the FBI , my FP were cleared the next day I had them. My passport was NOT stamped. I am waiting for them to remember me :(

Sorry , forgort

The phone number I called to know about my FP is : (304) 625 - 5590

For name (202) 324 - 2399 you leave a message and they are supposed to call you back in 48 H . I'M STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL ME , I already called a few times.