GC Complete!!

Bombay2003

Registered Users (C)
Here is my story:

Category: EB2 - RIR
Working in Chicago
GC process started: December 2001(Job Posting in News Paper)
Labor Approval : 6 months
140 filed in Vermont on 8/14/2002 and opted for Consular Process
RFE for lack of proper work experience letter - mid May 2003
Replied in aprox 20 Days
140 Approval date - 6/23/2003 But got approval for AOS
Filed for 824 July 20
Recevied receipt for 824 Aug 1st week
AC140 Applied 8/6/2003
Acceptance email from Consulate to Attorney 8/10/2003
Acceptance letter from Consulate to myself 8/14/2003
Interview 11/20/2003
Flew to Bombay on Nov 1
Medical at Lilavati - highly recommended Nov 12(both of us had to take MMR shots. Total cost Rs.3300 including the shots for both of us)
Got Photo taken at Andheri station 1hour studio next to Alfa restaurant - 11/15

On day of the interview reached consulate at 8:00. There were around 70 to 90 people ahead of us. Mostly family based immigrant. After we entered the consulate, we were asked to pay the fees $335 per person. I had not carried RS bank draft, hence was asked to stand aside. I was called after everyone in the line was attended. Filled a form that requires to enter the 11 digit number on the currency and the denomination. Exact change is a must. After 1.5 hours, we were asked to submit the documents. Only had to submitted DS-230 Part2. They had Part 1 and other doc in the file that was sent by the Attorney. Gave notarized fee receipt, employement letter, 3 photos, PCC, Birth Certificate, marriage certificate for my wife and myself. Also gave Affidavit of support for my wife. The photos were not accepted. Reason being they showed too much of right hand side of the face. Had to take new photo inside the consulate. Cost 350 x 2. If in doubt, it is recommended to get the photos form inside the consulate.

Was called for the interview after aprox 45 min. Questions asked by a lady consular are

Who is my petioner?
What was my position at work?
where did I graduate from in US?
how long have we been married?

She told that GC was approved and collect the package at 4 pm. eturned the fee receipt and told me to hold on to them. Got package at 5:00 pm.

Flew back to US on Dec1.
POE: Chcago
DOE: 12/01/2003
Invitation Letter and Plastic Card Received on : 12/11/2003 from Texas center

Awaiting SSN card for my wife.....

Hold on to your questions and wishes.......

Without this forum, Journey to GC would not had been possible. Its the best place to share information. Thank you ALL!!!!!

Now go ahead... Bring it on!!!

bombay bhai:

Congrats! FYI...you may want to go to your local ssa office for the new ssn cards. Go with your wife, carry both your passports so that you can show them your i-551 stamp. Fill out the ssn application form. SSN cards are not sent automatically even though marked yes on ds 230 part ii.

You will get your new ssn cards within 2-3 weeks of such application. And plastic gc within 4-6 weeks of entry!

Enjoy Life King Size!

Sorry for the late reply

Happy New Year!!

Attorney had filed the 1824 in Vermont. It took aprox 10 days to get the receipt.

KD

KD :

Happy New Year to you my man. I have noticed, you have been very helpful. I would like to thank you for all your contibution to this forum. Keep up the good work.

I did go to the local SSA office and the lady mentioned that we should get the SSA within 10 days. We did receive our SSN card in a weeks time. Also received the GC card and the invitation letter on the same day aprox 20 days after POE....I know same as yours....

You sure are a few good men!!!

Cheers!!!

bombay2003:

Thanks for the new year wishes....Wish you and your family the same.

Also thanks for the compliments...all that i am doing is sharing the information. If anyone has to be thanked it is Rajiv Khanna for providing the means to achieve the end!