GC card recd

desi_doc_gc

Registered Users (C)
Dear forum members,

at last I got my GC !!!!!!!!!
It has been exactly one year since I filed my I-140.

Relieved desi_doc_gc

EB1A-INDIA

I-140, EB1a, premium filing, RD-march 2007, approved after RFE on June 29,2007

I-140, EB2-NIW, RD-march 2007, approved on March 21,2007

I-485, RD-march 2007, LUD-July 2007
FP-4/1/2007
Approved on 2/26/2008
card production ordered 2/ 28 / 2008

GC card received on March 06, 2008 :D:D:D
2nd EAD- RD-12/26/2007, LUD-1/8/08, Approved on 2/22/08

Congrats desidoc,

u r a free man now, enjoy. Looking at ur signature I was wondering did u apply 485 under NIW category and later used interlinking with EB1 or did u apply directly with ur EB1A-140.

Thanks

I filed I-485 under EB1A, though TSC had my 485 linked to my EB2 for 4 months. My NC and BC had cleared way back in september, it took them so long to connect the 485 to the EB1A I-140

Goodluck with your I-485.

Desi_doc_gc

I am in a similar situation. My EB1-140 was approved from TSC in October but my NIW-140 is pending at NSC since Nov06. I filed my 485 with copies of receipt notices of both 140 ( EB1 was not approved that time) during the july fiasco, Now last month TSC transferred my 485 cases to NSC. I have a feeling that probably they linked it to NIW thats why consolidating at one place.
How can I get them to link it to my EB1 instead ?
When I call, the IO simply tells me he/she can't do that and when they will process my 485, they will ask me about it? is it true? Still This would mean that I will have to stay put hoping a miracle to happen. Looking at the NIW cases its not a very encouraging scenario specially if one is froma reterogressed country.

Hi Texas_NIW

I am no expert on this. But with my limited experience
1. If u have an attorney, ask them about options --like faxing expedite requests etc.
2. Call every week and you will land some sympathetic IO, who might request her supervisor to do something
3. Mail your Senator and local congressman. I contacted 2 senators and both their offices made enquiries with TSC and i am not sure if is coincidence or their enquiry which helped, but my 485 got approved within a week.

I hope everything works out well. I will pray for you.

Desi_doc_gc

Please give me your opinions on our case. We are from the UK.

Our I140 was approved 16th January, I485, Travel & EAD were sent July 26th 07, Rec July 17th.

Done FP Oct 20th
EAD Reac Oct 22nd

Travel Rec Dec 12th

When do you think we will receive our GC? My husband is thinking of changing company's although it will be the same position in the same line of work, it is just the benefits that are better.

Our friends sent all their paperwork away in April07 & received their GC's in Aug07

I would appreciate any input.

Thankyou