GC Approved March 27

29August2001

Registered Users (C)
GC approved finally after an agonizing wait from October to March. Faxed a letter to the senator on Tuesday giving our case details. Called AVM last night and heard the words "approved". Online still not updated.

Case details :

485 Recpt date : August 29, 2001
Notice date : October 30, 2001
FP : Feb 9, 2002
RFE : October 9, 2002
RFE recd. : October 21, 2002 (Emp letter & 3 pay stubs)
Approved : March 27, 2003

Thanks and wishing everyone the best

Congratulations to you!!
could you care to share the contents of the fax that you sent to your senator? I am sure it will be helpful to a lot of us...

Thanx for all your wishes.

DoubleGC following is the format for the letter to Senator. I got this from the forum actually.

Office of US Senator xxxxxx,
Virginia
Sub: Status of Application to Adjust To Permanent Residence Status I-485
Dear Sir,
I applied for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence (I-485 employment based) on <ReciptDate>. It has been 18 months since my application was filed at Vermont Processing Center. I spoke with the Vermont INS Center couple of times, whenever I call them, they tell me to call after 2 months. Last time when I spoke with them they said my case was with an officer since <Assign Date>. Since then I didn.t hear any thing from them. Processing Times published by INS Vermont show that they are processing <Processing Date> which is more than two (2) months past my application date. I would appreciate if Senator George Allen can help expedite the process and push for a decision on my case.
I am faxing a copy of my I-485 Receipt Notice.
Here are details of my case filed with INS Vermont Center:
Receipt Number: <Receipt Date>
Receipt Date: <Recipt Date>
Notice Date: <Receipt Date>
A#: <Alien Number>
If you need more information or have any questions please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx
Please let me know your findings on this case.