GC approval at Baltimore

vinaypai

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Got our Green card stamp yesterday at Baltimore. Should get the actual card in 6 - 8 weeks.

Details:
NIW EB-2 from India.
I-140 applied March 1999.
I-140 approved October 1999.
Moved from university to federal research lab before filing 485.
I-485 RD December 1999. Also filed EAD for wife at the same time.
Wife EAD obtained in Jan 2000.
Applied for wife EAD renewal and my EAD in October 2000. Got the same in December 2000.
Got fingerprint notice in February 2001.
Got transfer to Baltimore notice at the same time.
Interview call letter recd April 2nd week, 2001
Got advance parole documents in 3rd week of April, 2001 (had to go for some work out of the country).
Interview call at 1:15 pm on May 15th.
Called in to the office at 1:30 pm.
Had taken separate folders for wife and self (since the original call letters had her interview 30 mins after mine). They
called us in together, tho\'.
Basically, the officer walked through our I-485 applications, line-by-line (full name, date of birth, date of marriage,
any criminal activities, etc.).
Then he asked me when I joined my new organization, what my job duties were at the new place (had a letter from
scientific director, so no sweat), what my research was.
Then he asked for pay stubs, gave him last four. Showed him my degree certificates, and my tax returns for all the years
that I have been in the states (he just took the last three years).
For my wife, he asked when we got married, copy of the marriage certificate, any prior marriages, proof of marriage
(joint ownership, etc), any children.
That is all that I can remember, off-hand. Very friendly officer, and funny too. Quite a refreshing change from general
impression one has of INS.

Anyway, we appear to be out of this mess:). Good luck to all of you guys still in the fight. Don\'t give up hope.
If anybody has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer (tho\' my response times might vary depending
on my workload). This news group helped me a lot in figuring out when our fingerprint notices would come, when we would
get our interview call, and what all to take for our interview.

Thanks a lot, folks.
Vinay

No Title

Congrats!! what was your transfer date? What was the officer letter mentioned on your interview notice?
Mine is feb 15 still waiting for interview notice.

No Title

Congratulations and Best of Luck!
Thank you for posting your experience,
in detailed too.
Mine was transferred too to Baltimore
last April 27, 2001.
In your case, it took about 2.5 months
before actual interview. I am hopeful too.
Thanks again and goodluck!

GMC