Garden City, Want To Find Out About Your Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

anigma27

Registered Users (C)
HI All

This is message for everyone whose case is filed in Garden City,NY.
I am so tired of waiting just to find out the status on my case, not to mentione that I am supposed to already have my GC, that I have decided to go there in person again, BUT this time, I am will request to speak to a superviser - I don't think that will help either, SO....

...AREN'T YOU ALL TIRED OF WAITING AND ALL THIS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT PROTESTS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR US WHO WAIT IN LINES.

I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE OR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GO WITH ME TO GARDEN CITY AND REQUEST, DEMAND INFO ON OUR CASES, SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEWIES, EVERYTHING THAT IS WAY OVERDUE.

WE ALSO HAVE RIGHT, AND WE ACTUALLY HAVE RIGHT TO LEGALLY PROTEST OUR RIGHTS.

I hope you like the idea, because waiting for years in not a solution. Power is in us people, and system has to be reformed, first for legals and then some way for others too.

My idea is simple, if we can come us a group they will have to listen to us. If I don't leave and sleep there by the door, the next they they better help me/us with our questions/cases.
Any suggestions welcome.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Alice

Anigman, I don't know how long you been waiting to justify these types of measures, but I do understand and sympathize with you on your frustration. I had my interview over a month and half in Garden City too but from what i know it takes at least 2-3 months for them to complete the post-interview process.

Did you try to use help from your local congressman's office? They can be quite helpful. If you know your officer's name, try to call them and speak with them directly.

Honestly I think protesting and sleeping/camping at the Garden City DO's door will only get you in further trouble, since its a high security area. The sign outside in the parking lot has some kind of warning about trespassing after certain hour, so you might in trouble. People at our positions, waiting for GC, are at a special mercy of the the government agency and civil disobedience doesn't work very well as in other cases.

Either way, good luck in whatever method you decide to use and keep us posted of your progress.

You are probably right, 2-3 month, ? in reality even over a year. Congressman is not much helpfull either.
Hope you have more luck.

Thank you. I still think waiting is not a solution, that's what lawyers tell us all the time. Please consider that they are totally disensitised. That don't feel what we do, so they tell us to wait for years.Please don't belive. There is only small % of cases that are processed on time....

Any other opinions.

Again, thank you and good luck

anigma 27,

I totally sympathize and agree with your post.
Unfortunately as jdawg says you can get in trouble, ironically you having all the rights to protest you will probably get in jail first than an illegal that close a street (well they got permission to do it).

Anyway, write or go to your Congresswo/men office and place your case. And make an INFOPASS time to time, even they tell you the same story. I have to say that your idea to gather several people from your same DO is not bad idea...at least you can protest in the other side of the sidewalk in front of the building, perhaps? I am not from NY, sorry. But is not a bad idea. If you make a protest with several people remember that you must ask permission, I think...to use the sidewalk?

Lawyers...there are good, bad and the one who like to take advantage of any kind of situation that means $$.

Make your own move. Good luck!

Thank you fot this comment.
Well, what can I say you are right. I just hope for more replies.
That is why there was nothing never done to reform the system. Noone "REALLY" protests. There is so much it has to change in this country, and this issue touches us personally.

I hope one day, people won't be afraid and will go on the "sidewalk".
Because without that, there won't be anything GOOD done in the near future. What will happen though is, these "12"million people will be entered into the system, and wait then, there will be such a mess that the whole system will crash....and it's not only my personal opinion, just ask your common sense and a lawyer :)

Thank you for your comment
Good luck

Anigma,
I'm all for being active about changing the whole proccess and increase efficiency and speeding up preople's application but in the same token I think protest and rallies doesn't change anything. It might raise awareness but its not efficient. Can you realisticaly see Immigration officers coming outside the building to hear you out and eventually say "OK, lets sit down and look at what seems to be holding up your case"?
I think the bottom line is that Immigration is just not the government's priority. How come the IRS is very efficient in processing over 100 million personal tax income and god knows how many hundreds of thousands corporate filings each year but the USCIS can not process Immigrations petitions in a timely manner? My simple answer is that we are low priority.

I agree with you....just trying to find a way to manifest our rights.
Wishing you lots of patience :)

anigma27 said:
HI All

...AREN'T YOU ALL TIRED OF WAITING AND ALL THIS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT PROTESTS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR US WHO WAIT IN LINES.

Regards,
Alice

Alice I wish is something I can do to help you. You are one of the people who deserve help and have your case solved favorably and quickly.

Isn't this amazing that law obeying people like you, legal immigrants, who are doing everything by the book, spend a lot of money with visa fees and other documents, not to mention the honoraries for the greedy attorneys, are waiting and waiting and waiting...and not even consider, like you've said, to demand their rights?!?

And those hyenas, who crawl though the dark over the border, with no inspection, no visa, no agonizing months and years for CP, the God damn ILLEGALS, they gather on streets by hundreds of thousands demanding to be rewarded for breaking the law and for jumping in front of people like you.

If is anything I can help you let me know, this is a country of immigrants, but legal ones like you, not lawbreakers/illegals.

P.S. I can't wait to see how many wood-heads (not to mention those illegals themselves :eek: ) are going to jump on me accusing me that I'm heartless and don't understand the "rights" of the poor lawbreakers
. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this comment. And yes, I agree again. All these protests make me really upset. I really pray that this bill won't be passed.

I have heard this comment before, that this country is made of immigrants, BUT LEGAL NOT ILLIGAL IMMIGRANTS.

I am not sure if people know, but Mexico have totally free higher education. What happens is, Mexicans drop out of highs school becouse quote ( said by Mexican) they don't like school. They care about making money, making 8 or more children (please no offence) but that is selfish towards these children, and to have fun.

It is just a different mentality. If they were finishing colleges, they would be more intelligent, and maybe try to make something out of their own country.

I swear, HOW MANY COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD HAS FREE HIGHER EDUCATION.
They say that building the wall would not do much. Of course it will. Not even one of them will be able to enter illigally. Not that simple for the congress though:)

You ask me how can you help me. If you can in any way, I would appreciate a lot.

Congratulations on your citizenship
Later

Best

anigma27 said:
They say that building the wall would not do much. Of course it will. Not even one of them will be able to enter illegally.

I 100% agree with what you said, on comment though:

who are the individuals who don't want the wall...the ILLEGALS AND THE ONES WHO SUPPORT THEM :rolleyes: ...should we ask ourselves why :...because, in case God forbidden there it's going to be an amnesty, the doors should be large opened for the next 11 or maybe 22 millions
:eek: :eek:

You ask me how can you help me. If you can in any way, I would appreciate a lot.

Just post your question, if not me, always a nice member here will happy to help you :)

Congratulations on your citizenship
Later

Thank you...you'll be there sooner or later. ;)

Best

What happened when you used congressman's help? I think I want that to be my next step and I would like to know how it went for you. I think waiting since August is way beyond the regular waiting time. You should definitely take some serious action.

What methods have you tried so far? We are trying to help you but it would be easier if you provided us with some more infomration such as what you have done so far to try to remedy the situation.

I don't know if you are aware but there is a helpful thread about cases from Garden City.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198694 There are at least two cases of users who posted their experiences that after long wait, they were able to get their passport stamps by making some calls and getting some help from congressman. One of them was even told that his case was "approved but sent to archive" instead of sent for Green Card request. Who knows how long he would have waited, if not forever, if he had not taken action? You need to take some action quickly.

Suzy977 said:
P.S. I can't wait to see how many wood-heads (not to mention those illegals themselves :eek: ) are going to jump on me accusing me that I'm heartless and don't understand the "rights" of the poor lawbreakers[/COLOR]. :rolleyes:

With all due respect Suzy, I somewhat agree with you on your position on the general amnesty. I've been waiting in line for five years. Imagine the impact of a general amnesty in the processing times for AOS applications? I would be waiting decades. However, shame on you to try to bait people to disagree with you to start your own argument that would go beyond the scope of the this threat. Making the assumption that whoever disagrees with you is a wood-head is oversimplying the problem to a easy one-sided issue as if it was easily solved.

Anigma, taking the protest of all those ILLEGALS personally will not get you any closer to you GC. Pro-active measures and actions gets you closer to your Green Card.

jdawg9 said:
With all due respect Suzy, I somewhat agree with you on your position on the general amnesty. I've been waiting in line for five years. Imagine the impact of a general amnesty in the processing times for AOS applications? I would be waiting decades.

Besides your personal interest in the matter first and foremost an amnesty is immoral and unfair for the hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants and not only

However, shame on you to try to bait people to disagree with you to start your own argument that would go beyond the scope of the this threat.

I thought this was a nice, friendly thread and there is no threat of any kind in this forum ;)

Making the assumption that whoever disagrees with you is a wood-head is oversimplying the problem to a easy one-sided issue as if it was easily solved.

I'm posting my personal opinion and I'm entitled to it, like everything you say (or anybody else for that matter) is your opinion and, I agree or not, you're entitled to it.
I strongly believe, that whoever supports illegal immigrations and the illegals, either has a personal agenda, either is an illegal him/herself, or like I said before is just a wood-head.
Since I didn't answer to a post you referred to me in "your thread" (I hope it wasn't a threat :rolleyes: ) I'm going to respond to you now:
If you're offended about my language, I can send you, or better post it for you here, the unsolicited PM I got from your friend Mona25 a.k.a. Mona30. You'll see there why she was banned from the forum, and how "nice" and "well educated" :D :D are your friends the ex-cons/illegals who post here.
Speaking about shame, she was banned and after 2 days shamelessly she came back under a different nickname like nothing happened...like I always said, if the illegals have the skin thick enough to be illegals in the first place they have it thick enough to do anything :rolleyes:

On the other hand I'm not looking forward to argue with anybody. In this particular instance, I was exchanging messages with Alice and you just jumped on the wagon...any particular reason? or you're just looking for an argument :confused: ...don't worry is just a rhetoric question don't take it like a "threat"
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Suzy,
I'm not going to give you more ammunition to continue your habit of using THREADS (God forbit you ever make a mistake) to discuss your opinion and confront people on the amnesty issue. My opinion on this matter is irrelevant because, although I mostly agree with you, it leads to going off on tangent off the main topic.
We can take pretty much any take any thread in any forum and start bashing ILLEGALS and the amnesty, lets see how useful and fun the forum will become.
I'm not offended by your language so please no need to send any PM from the "friends" in the forum that I didn't know I had. You can go on and continue going to other threads and chasing users around, ganging up on them, playing police and give them a moral lesson on immigration policy, receiving threats on PM. I don't know and don't want to know the reason for this feud and who is right and who's not.
This will be my last post on this matter so there is no need to keep the argument going . I'll return to post only with relevant information.

Geting angry at the mexicans, illegals and amnesty won't help anyone's case.

jdawg9 said:
Suzy,
I'm not going to give you more ammunition to continue your habit of using THREADS to discuss your opinion and confront people on the amnesty issue.

If you really wanted that, you shouldn't write all this lecture, but I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read it, or I didn't understand it and I'm not going to reply to it...and you can pretend that you were right and you had the supreme argument.
And in the future if you don't like my posts, feel free not to reply, I'm not going to get mad on you for ignoring me, and I promise I'll try not to cry to much too ;)

Alright guys, I think that's enough. We "touched" the problem of illegal immigtation in this country and that is as much as we can do about it.

I think this discusson, if continued, should go back to OUR problems.

PLEASE POST HERE ANY IDEAS, YOU THINK MAY BRING SOME SOLUTIONS TO THIS BROKEN SYSTEM. HOW OUR CASES CAN ME PROCESSED ON TIME????

Any comment will be greatly appreciated....off to stalking a congressman :)

Good Luck to All
Later

Let's try to ignore the last comment...the best thing to do is to ignore it. It is a free speech but respectfuly.

Okay this post was for proactive ideas not to insult. So let's be mature on this is not right to destroy the original post and why she post the message in the first place.

I think your first idea is good and I think you should try to put your voice out, like pay a post in the newspaper or you can go to a radio station.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.