FYI about I-485 progress in NSC

zm38

Registered Users (C)
03/09/2004: Sign of I-485 Progress at Nebraska Service Center

In nonimmigrant proceedings, the RFE is a bad sign which leads to denial in substantial number of cases or a substantial delay of decision at the best. However, the RFE is a good sign in the I-485 proceedings which indicate that the I-485 file left the dark space in dormant stage and awaking from the long and forced sleep. Nowadays, almost no I-485 cases are adjudicated without first requesting evidence to prove the continued existence of the petitioned job. Accordingly, the fact that one receives a RFE should be taken as a good news that his/her I-485 is finally being adjudicated after being pull out of the cabinet or shelves.
There is a sign that the Nebraska Service Center has opened such door in that the I-485 applicants start receiving either RFE or approval notices. There is no confirmation, but it is obvious that some of the adjudicators in the H-1B cap production line must have been switched to this production line. Please cross your two fingers!!

from immigration-law.com

gc_03,
Please find out the Lin series number and post information for example Lin-02-ddd-5****. Many of us would like to keep a track of new dates being processed instead of just first week in June...

No exciting info from rupnet.com.
And still some of 2001 cases are pending. How do we know exactly which month cases are being touched?

Hope

Attached is my latest Rupnet analysis. Last week we say some big movement at NSC for Mar - May cases. Still no movement for Feb 02 cases. For the first time since December RFE's outstripped approvals, which to me says that they are finally working new cases again. Hopefully this is the start of a trend not just another blip.

approval

One of my freinds June 2002 I-485 case got approved during Jan2004. He got stamped in the passport also. I didn't have the details about the LIN#.