FYI: 98 Waiter please read.

kehlar

Registered Users (C)
I just called VSC and spoke to an IIO. My lawyer called about my case last week but I decided to do it myself this time (can\'t trust the lawyers to say the right things). I redialed for about 5 min before I got through. After that it was another 5-10 min wait before I got to speak to an IIO. By the way they play really nice classical music while you wait, which is ironic considering the anxiety of most people who call! The IIO asked for my case number, verified that my ND is in 9/98 and that it\'s pending, then:

IIO: I see you called last week.
Me : Yes. The reason that I\'m calling is because yesterday Vermont Service Center released its processing times for various applications. And it showed that it\'s processing 485 cases with receipt date of 4/1/99. That\'s 6 months later than my receipt date.
IIO: Oh? Did you get this information on the Internet?
Me : Well, I think it was release to the American Lawyers Association; it\'s posted on various attorneys\' websites.
IIO: Hmm...
Me : I\'m also aware of many cases with ND in 1999 that have been approved. I\'m very concerned about the hold up of my case; and is it actually been processed....
IIO: That\'s wierd because we wouldn\'t approve 1999 cases before 1998 cases.
Me : Er....well that\'s very strange....(here I\'m thinking \'yeah right\')
IIO: I\'m going to screen-print your case and add the information that you\'ve told me and give it to my supervisor. We\'ll see what we can do.
Me : Oh, alright. Well, I guess that\'s all I need then. Thank you for your time.
IIO: You\'re welcome. Bye.

I don\'t know if this is going to help at all. Two things are for sure: they keep track of all your calls and probably get tasty if you call too often, and the IIOs don\'t really have a clue of what\'s going on. Since my case seems to be one of the oldest remaining, I plan to seek congressional help at the end of the month if it\'s not yet approved. I have a better case against them now that they have publicly claimed to be processing cases with much, much later receipt dates.

No Title

I guess two things may hold up a case like yours.

1. Is your PD current?
2. Did you get a RFE?

If your PD is current and you didn\'t get a RFE then there is definitly something wrong. Good luck.

No Title

I can imagine your frustration. I am also in the same boat. But my ND/RD is a bit later i.e. 11/98. And still waiting. Our lucky day will soon come.

No Title

Do you know if they keep track calls to automated system also or just to the IIOs?

Thanks

No Title

You did a good job talking to IIO. I encourage you to seek congressional help else go for a lawsuit as they publicly announced their processing times.