Future Employment

Raghu6

Dear Attorneys/Gurus
Presently I am employee of company 'A'.I am under 7th year H1 extension. Company B has filed 'Under Future Employment' for my Labor in EB2 in February 2005. Later I-140 was filed and got approval on 1st September, 2007. Even company B also filed for I-485 in first week of August, 2007. I also applied for EAD and AP. Still I am employee of company 'A' only. Company 'B' is asking me to join them on H-1 transfer with 3-year extension. I would like to know how much time still I have to join Company 'B' because company 'B' says there may be queries as still I am not their employee. I want to shift to company 'B' as late as possible as presently I am in a comfortable position in company 'A'. I request Attorneys to help in answering.

1) Can I wait to join Company 'B' until I-485 Is approved. Or will there be queries if I delay.
2) Can there be any problems in getting EAD as still I am working with company 'A' only
3) After getting EAD, can I continue on H1 and can my wife take up EAD by leaving H-4 status?
4) My labor filed date is 5th February 2005. As per October Visa buletin, priority date for I-485(EB2) is April 2004. My I-485 is submitted in first week of August, 2007. Will my Application be taken up until Priority date is moved upto February 2005? In that case is it not good to not to move to Company 'B' until priority date is moved nearer to Feb 2005?

I request Rajiv to answer and help us, Ps keep me also posted as i also need similar information

Last edited by a moderator: