Future employer denying to accept EAD

PhillyDec01

Registered Users (C)
My FUTURE employer is refusing to accept EAD as a valid employment document. My supervisor(at the client site) is willing to give a permanent job. But she doesn't understand EAD etc.

It looks like they will accept only G.C or citizenship. How do I convince them. Anyone on the same boat?

PhillyDec01

If your client is only ready to hire you if you have a green card then your EAD is not enough ( there are clients with high security clearance who insis only in GC and citizenship ), if not then contact your local Office and explain to them maybe they might be able to give you a letter . Looks like your Manager doesnt know what EAD is . Did you atleast show her your EAD card , because its clearly written on it the you are allowed to work.
Let me know what happens ..
NVC

Thanks NVC for your reply and suggestion to got o local office.

There is no security clearence, because there are about 100-200 H1-B people working as consultants. It is just the HR bureaucracy. I am going to wait further until my I-140 gets cleared. My supervisor said she will push the issue to the higher management for recommendation :rolleyes: .

Labour law

According to the labour law no employer can deny employment because of the time limitation of the work permit.

In your case may be EAD which is valid for so and so date. Ask them why they are saying not to entertain EAD. If this is the reason you can sue them.