Full Middle Name - Used middle intial only in N-400

fishciti

:confused: I sent my N-400 application few days ago and just realized that I did not fill out full middle name , I only user middle initial. my GC also has my name that way ie with "middle initial" . I am getting worried and would like to know what is my recourse ...is there a way I can correct it .

Regards
fisciti

Don't worry about it. You will be able to make any corrections during the Interview. Just let the IO know the changes....or you can just reprint the pages that need corrections and bring it with you to the Interview and offer it to the Immigration Officer. They might either take the pages from you or they may just make the changes on the application itself.

Name Check

Thanks Happigal for your response, but I read somewhere that they do a name check first and then schedule an interview. Just hoping that its not going to affect name check , although they will have my full middle name in their green card records.

Regds

So what should we enter for the full middle name. My Green card has middle initial only. In the N-400 application, in the first section where it says "Your current legal name" what should we enter Full middle name or middle initial, and then in the second section where it says "Your name exactly as it appears on your permanent resident card", what should we enter Full middle name or middle initial. Again my Green Card has middle initial only. I will be sending the application in few days. Any advise would be appreciated.

i would fill the complete name in both current legal name and in green card. because the initial can be deduced from full name, but not vice versa.

what does your birth certificate and Passport have ? initial or full middle name?

my passport has full middle name , Is there a way I can change it now once the application has gone to USCIS, can I file an ammended application or send them some letter or something to USCIS

Regds