From VINAYAK.. No more visa required.. 485 approved / PP stamped.RD10/99

vinayak

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

This is like dream come true..

After staying in this country for 7 years and after using 2 APs / 2 EADs, my I-485 is finally approved on May 21st (EB2 India, ND 10/4/99, RD 10/14/99, FP 02/20/2001, RFE 04/06/2001, Response received by INS 05/17/2001, AD 05/21/2001, PP Stamp 06/12/2001). I was out of country when 485 was approved and was not working for the sponser employer. I came back to US on Friday and today completed PP stamping and saw those \'Permanent Resident\' words on my PP.. Hey that was a great relief. PP stamping is a 5 minute process but there were 50-60 people ahead of us. So finally after 4 hours of wait, I myself and my wife, we just gave papers, finger prints and got the stamp on our PP.

Well, it was always a struggle with my employer. When I received RFE for employment letter, those morons simply refused it as I was too important for them (funny.. isn\'t it). So finally I quit and responded to RFE using future employment letter from new employer and got approval within 3 days. So folks, changing job and still getting GC works. Ofcourse I had my own lawyer (one of the best in the country) and lawyer supported me through out the process even though payment was coming from my company.

This board was like family to me for last 2-3 years. Inputs from Bhanu, Myladoor, BJSR, Srini123, Kiran Hegde, Hara Patta, Mera Kya hoga, Dan Dan and mny others was always helpful and informative. Most of them are already through this process. My thanks to all these guys.

I will continue to share my experience on this board for some more time. But if you need any help you can send me email at sammyboy346@hotmail.com. And I will definitely respond.

Folks, INS is at its best right now and I am seeing lots of approval since last 4-5 months. So just hang in there and you wil see the freedom.

One request to all of you.. In the past I have seen, some people use this board for anti-nation, anti-religion messages. If you see those messages, make sure those will be stopped quicky. You got to keep this board clean.

CHEERS!!!!

Vinayak

No Title

Hi Vinayak,
It gives us a lot of hope getting 485 approved with future employers letter. Could u give us some more details like have you completed 180 days and taken the advantage of AC21 law and what kind of letter from the future employer. If ur not working then is there any RFE for paystubs. Pl let us know. It will help a lot. Thanks

No Title

congratulations vinayak!

i must say that your case is a landmark case; most of the rfe responses are from the petitioning employer and not a new employer and your case approval sheds some light on the interpretation of the new law provisions.

can you please post the following, i think it\'ll help a lot of us ...

1. the exact wording of your rfe,

2. how you responded to it, a rough draft perhaps with a list of supporting docs?

No Title

Hi Vinayak,

Hearty Congratulations!!!!!

I was thinking about you a couple of days ago...haven\'t seen any
postings from you (the last I heard from you was that your company
was creating problems to send the reply) and I was concerned...

Felt very happy to read that you got the Approval...As they say,
good things always happen to good people!!!

And it\'s a great relief for other folks to hear about your approval (folks who changed jobs) I am sure...

Enjoy your post GC life...

Best Wishes,
Srini

No Title

vinayak,

Congratulations. Now u r a free bird. Enjoy ur freedom.

Thanx for sharing ur details. I am sure there are lots of folks out there who changed employer and who will benefit from ur case.

No Title

Congratulations Vinayak,
You have been one of the good contributers to this forum. Wish you all the best in all your future endeavours. I am waiting for my plastic card for 2 months now.

No Title

Hello Vinayak,

Hearty congratulations my friend. I am really happy for you and for all the guys who have gotten approvals. I wish all the best for the folks waiting to be freed from INS chains and pains. God bless your family and have a jumpstart in the career you wanted for so long...

Best of luck again
Bhanu

No Title

Congratulations vinayak.
Enjoy your freedom

Hope I\'ll be able to see this day !!!!!