from U4U to green card

gag4o

Hi all.
I came on the U4U (United for Ukraine) program 1 year ago. I came on a parole. I believe is considered refugee?
They issued me SSN and Work Authorization card. I am, currently employed too. I have a small child and I am divorced

In June this year I got married for US citizen and would like to apply for a green card before my status expire next year.
Do I need a sponsor since I am already authorized to work?

And also what forms and documents do I need? And how much are the Uscis fees? I read a lot on the website that refugee has no filling fee, which is hard to believe and maybe I read it wrong but still unclear to me

Thank you for your help :)

You are not a refugee. You are a parolee. You guys need to file I-130 and I-485 for you to do Adjustment of Status. You basically follow the exact same process as someone who entered on a visa who is applying for a green card as the spouse of a US citizen. The petitioner (your spouse) will need to sign an I-864 Affidavit of Support. If your spouse's individual income is not sufficient, your income (the intending immigrant's income) can be counted as part of your spouse's household income, if your income will continue from the same source after you immigrate (since you are working in the US, this is satisfied).

Alright, thank you very much. Also on the uscis website the fees section says this
"If you are a refugee or you were paroled as a refugee." The word "paroled" got me thinking we might qualify

Hi all.
I came on the U4U (United for Ukraine) program 1 year ago. I came on a parole. I believe is considered refugee?
They issued me SSN and Work Authorization card. I am, currently employed too. I have a small child and I am divorced

In June this year I got married for US citizen and would like to apply for a green card before my status expire next year.
Do I need a sponsor since I am already authorized to work?

And also what forms and documents do I need? And how much are the Uscis fees? I read a lot on the website that refugee has no filling fee, which is hard to believe and maybe I read it wrong but still unclear to me

Thank you for your help :)
The pathway from Uniting for Ukraine (U4U) to a green card in the U.S. involves several steps and legal processes. Initially, the U4U program grants temporary parole status to Ukrainians fleeing the war, allowing them to stay in the U.S. for up to two years. However, this status does not automatically lead to permanent residency (a green card).