From strange thing to happy ending at stamping experience at Newark,NJ(From A# to C#)

dashDurai

Registered Users (C)
Stamped::

Had infopass appointment at 9:15AM. Entered into the Federal building at 8.30AM (took a little walk from newark penn station). People who have no appointments were turned back(so guys, get an appointment before going there). There were 90 people before me.

At the counter, one officer gave me "status check" token(which starts with A####) instead of ("finger print and sign on I89 token which starts with C####"). I got confused.. and thinking myself that my case was not approved this is false notice .. :confused: :mad:

after almost a hour my A#### was called in a new counter.. the officer took my appointment and said.. what is your A#?.. i replied with my approval notice.. officer was so nice.. she said.. "you should't not be getting A#### and you should have given the FP on I-89... etc"

she took me to the new desk and took my finger print and took my passport and picture and said "your name will will be called". (The moment she told this line, i started to breath better :D :D :cool: :D :D ).. i should say that she was very kind and helped me to find my wife case status also. ..

went to second floor and had a coffee and breakfast and came to third floor and came back to the place where all the people waiting.. my name was called in 3-5 minutes..

a new officer called my name and there was... no smile and no congratulations.. just a "thank you" from me..

there is a SSI office at 10th floor.. so. i went there to change my SSI card.. but there was 300 people waiting for service.. so .. i decided to skip my plan.. and again took a nice walk back to newark penn station.. reached my office at 12:30..

so guys.. have fun..

Fogot to take the photo copy of my approval notice.. . what should i do now???

now ... Guys:

Even if you have appointment for 9:30.. try to go there 7:30.. because they are not looking at appointment time..

congrats dashdurai.

you said you wife case is still pending and the office there helped you to find your case status. what did they said. mine was approved on monday but my wife case is still pending.

rblms::

Officer told me that.. her name check was initiated on August 20.. but there was no response on the result.. so.. it seems that .. we should wait for the namecheck result.. ( i am planning to send an email to FBI).. i will update u on this..

mickey99::

thanks for your wishes.. and by the way:: my dear .. "reciept date mate" i hope your approval is pretty soon.

have fun.. very happy diwali guys..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dashdurai.

I will also be going to newark for stamping just waiting for approval notice. i will also try to find our status for my wife from the officer there.
what documents you carried for pp?

for passport stamping i took:: I-94, Passport, approval notice and EAD

for my wife's case status: i took her reciept notice..

best wishes.

hi dashDurai
how far is it from Penn station to FP office on Commerce street?
I have to go on 18 Nov for fingerprint at 3 PM.
Is it advisable to take a train to penn station and then walk to the office or take a cab to the office versus driving around 45 miles to newark and parking

what do u suggest?
again the office is commerce street for FP and not 970 broad st

Explorer19:::

From penn station to FP place (which is 24 Commerce street) is just 0.3 miles. You can reach by walk in less then 5 minutes.

if you want to take cab, they will ask 5-6$