Friend denied entry

goodsaint

Registered Users (C)
She (from Taiwan, and in US on H1)) went to Italy to attend her friend's marriage.

She switched job around two years ago (got new H1 approval). She still has unexpired visa stamp based on previous H1 approval (different employer).

BCIS guys at New York airport did not let her in. They said she needed new visa stamp. (strange, they don't follow their own rules)

Even though she wanted to go back to Taiwan, these idiots put her on a plane to France (this is where she had caught a connecting flight while coming back here). She was allowed couple of phone calls.

Now she is in France and those people are not letting her in because she does not have visa (the visa she had was for single entry and that has been used).

This happened yesterday. Will post when get more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
same thing happened to a friend of mine

Same thing happened to a friend of mine who came to the US after the vacation recently. Luckly he had his old H1 paper with him and so the INS officer allowed him into the US.

Yes, It looks like they changed the rule of entering into the US with old valid H1 visa and new H1 approval. Now, If anybody switched the company then they must have the new H1 visa (resembling his/her employement with new company). Otherwise, INS won't let them come into the US.

I think the better option for her is to travel to her own country from france and then get the new H1 visa stamp in her passport and then come back to the US.

Hope this helps,

Take it esay. In this case, she needs to go her home country to get visa stamp in American consulor there. Immigration officer should have put her in the plane back to Taiwan.

Why not try applying H1 visa stamp in American consulor in France since she is there now. No harm to try it.

People from Taiwanees consulate were able to get her off the detention in France. She now has a 7 days visa to stay in France. She is going to try to get US visa.

I asked her to try to go Taiwan rather than France but I guess she could not convince BCIS.

Best way is to send your passport to state department as soon as you get your new H1 approval for new stamp. I did it once and it only took 3 weeks from the sending date. But this was over 2 years ago, don't know how long its taking these days.

fabolous