freinds please reply

gime gc

Registered Users (C)
I am few months away from getting I-485 approval from NSC.Now I want to add my spouse to my application when she comes from India.I dont want my company attorney to handle my spouse's case.Can I do it by hiring other attorney ?.Do I require any documents from my company to apply I-485 for my spouse ?
What all docs do I require for the same ?
I appreciate u'r response fellas...

Thanks,
:confused:

As far as I know, you can add your spouse only at the time of filing your 485. Now, you need to sponsor your spouse under family category.

Regarding attorney, its all your wish you can hire whomever you want.

It is a good idea for you to talk to an attorney about this.

Good luck!

:)

You can add your wife even after your fingerprinting but obviously before the approval. I know a friend who did that

You can add your spouse anytime before your case gets approved. I did the same thing. I got married after filing my 485. I joined my wife to the 485 process almost 6 moths after my 485 got filed. There is absolutely no problem with this. Only thing is make sure you receive your wife's I-485 receipt before your case gets approved just to be on safe side.
Sometimes what happens is you file your wife's I-485 and if your case gets approved before INS receives your wife's case. Then they cannot process her case, It has to be family based category after your approval.
I guess you can hire any attorney you want.