Freeze on I-485

jaymehra11

Registered Users (C)
http://www.shihab.net

December 06, 2002 2:44:17 PM

Freeze on I-485, N-400, and I-589 Adjudications
The INS has stopped adjudications for I-485 (adjustment of status), N-400 (application for naturalization), and I-589 (aplication for asylum). The reason for this is all three applications require the G-325A biographical form, which are subject to FBI/CIA agency checks. The INS is currently trying to create a central repository for such information, however none has been created yet. There is no word on how long the freeze will last, and reports have listed everything from a week to several months. We will keep you updated on this development as we get more information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Months to start the process again.This is Horrible news. i don't know what to do other than WAIT.
:confused:
PS

This is the first I have heard of the entire immigration process officially grinding to a halt for such a long period of time. I doubt that is going to happen.

My lawyer did mention that there is a slow down in processing, specially for people of a certain ethnic region and religion but there is no halt as such. We are definitely in for the long haul in terms of time required for the AOS processing but I don't anticipate a complete freeze.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
This is the first I have heard of the entire immigration process officially grinding to a halt for such a long period of time.

What do you mean officially? In my opinion "officialy" means INS spokeman should speak in public about halt of I-485 processes and say who, where, why and when.

Yea around here, INS has stopped it but won't give any official comments, coz if they do then AILA would do something about them. God this is frustrating.

.. And "Several Months" ???

preparing myself

I am preparing myself for the delay of 6-8 months(minimum). It is frustrating to go through this . As we are so close to getting 485 approval and yet so far too from gettting the approvals.All the delay , unknown keep me on the edge.It has been very frustrating exp. so far.
I find INS no better than the government organisation with which I had to deal when I was in india. Infact sometime gov office in india were better ,as I knew system was unfair not just to me but to ALL .

Last edited by a moderator:
Frustrating

What can we do other than wait. With the rules changing every hour in INS (sorry, HS) , getting GC is like winning a lotto. Understandbly, security of the country being the prime concern, there will be a check after check after check after check after check and so on........ GOOD LUCK GUYS.

News From Senator's Office - Suspended Adjudication

Refer to ----------

Dear xxxxxx,

I contacted INS regarding your pending 485s. At this time, INS is not processing any 485s. The U.S. Attorney General has suspended adjudication for national security reasons. Your case is pending at the Nebraska Service Center. It was received on September 14, 2001. They are currently working on cases received on or before August 1, 2001. Your case should go to an officer for adjudication shortly after the suspension is lifted. As of this date, there is no estimation of when processing will resume.

Thank You,

xxxxxx

My RD Aug/01/2001
ND Sep/14/2001
Columbus, OH

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=67630

I pray to god INS messess US attorney general's papers and he looses his citizenship and ends up in a 485 line under the LA center.

Re: News From Senator's Office - Suspended Adjudication

Originally posted by jaymehra11
Refer to ----------

Dear xxxxxx,

I contacted INS regarding your pending 485s. At this time, INS is not processing any 485s. The U.S. Attorney General has suspended adjudication for national security reasons. Your case is pending at the Nebraska Service Center. It was received on September 14, 2001. They are currently working on cases received on or before August 1, 2001. Your case should go to an officer for adjudication shortly after the suspension is lifted. As of this date, there is no estimation of when processing will resume.

Thank You,

xxxxxx

My RD Aug/01/2001
ND Sep/14/2001
Columbus, OH

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=67630

jaymehra11,
can you please post the dates of the senator's intervention in this case? I mean when did INS give this reply to the senator's enquiry?
Thanks

Originally posted by Silly Man
I pray to god INS messess US attorney general's papers and he looses his citizenship and ends up in a 485 line under the LA center.

:) :) :) :)
That would be funny - I wish him/her RFE also for recent paystubs and EVL :):):)

Conspiracy theory

INS and DOJ Govt officials who don't want immigrants anymore in this country, very well know that time is the essence when the question of I-485 cases comes.

They as well as us know well that if they can delay I-485 cases by at least 6 months, a lot of applcants will be in the job-less category in this economic condition by that time. Then INS can issue lots of RFEs to almost everyone. As a result, applicants who fail to secure any job, can be denied their GC on the ground of their jobless status. This way, they can shake-off/deny a good percentage of applicants easily.