"Freedom Of Information Act" to get docs submitted during H1B transfer/7 yr extension

wanna_stayhere

I will be completing my 6 years in April 2006. I joined a new employer in Oct 2005 andd they had a pending labor at (BPC) which was used to substitute my name and get my H1B extended to the 7 year. I have the new extension into the 7 years (April 2007). My employer has not given details on the Pending LC which was used for my extension. I have two questions -

1. Not sure why employer is not giving me details on that? Can that be used by me to switch to a different employer?

2. If i opt for "Freedom Of Information Act" (since i am the beneficiary of the H1B transfer and extension applocation submitted by my employer) can i request for the documents submitted along with I-129? Will it contain screenshot of the Pending labor and the Substitution form submitted for me?

Please Help !!!

Yes. You can request for all documents under Freedom of Information Act, but the USCIS usually takes about 6 to 7 months to furnish docs under FOIA.

If records are requested under FOIA, will my employer or the employer's attorney be notified (or know) about the request from the USCIS ?