FP was rejected twice

seattle2005

Hi,

I had my FP done twice but both were rejected by FBI agent saying not readable. There is no notice or action from USCIS.

What should I do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

How did you find out?

seattle2005,

I was curious as to how you found out about both the FPs being rejected. Did you get a notice from the FP center or you called FBI and found out? From what I have read cases are transferred to a local office if two FPs are rejected.

saras

Contact USCIS and FBI they will tell you what to do. They may have to do paper based FP for you. Your case will be transferred to your local USCIS office for processing.

LaborApproved,

Thanks for your reply. Should I expect both my I-140 and I-485 will be transferred to local office?

Thanks,

seattle2005 said:
Hi,

I had my FP done twice but both were rejected by FBI agent saying not readable. There is no notice or action from USCIS.

What should I do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Could please let me know that did they take your pam along with all five fingers printing or they have justed taken your one finger printing just like the finger print in your EAD card?

Need your quick feedback

Hi all
Could you please let me know during 1-485 finger printing will the take print your pam too along with your five fingers or they just take only one finger print just like in EAD card?
Thanks

LaborApproved said:
485 only.

I think as of Jan'05, USCIS implemented a revised procedures in terms of transferring the case to local office. Per the revised procedure, if your fingerprint gets rejected twice, then USCIS will most likely issue RFE to gather police report for good conduct for the last 5 yrs instead of transferring case to local office which was the old procedure.

Keep posting if you get anything from USCIS...

FP rejected twice.

My daughter's FP rejected twice because it was unreadable.
ND 6/26/2002.
Fp Rejected Oct/2004.
Police Report for last 5 years sent in Nov., 2004.
Made 3 inquiries
Last update: Case reffered to a supervisor.

forxp said:
I am worrying about my fingerprint too. all my fingers are peeling several time a year. No doctor in this world can cure it. :( I trid many many times.

my fingerprints are absolutely not readable. I haven't recevie FP notice. But, is there anything I can do?

What happens if they can't get my FP? Can I just get a certificate from doctor or do a crime check in police office instead of going to FP?

Any suggestions? I appreciate it. :)

I guess you need to wait for second FP notice. You may also want to discuss with your lawyer what he says.

I guess INS already recognized this special situation. :p

INS Memo on Fingerprint Waiver Policy
November 15, 1999

MEMORANDUM FOR:
REGIONAL DIRECTORS
DISTRICT DIRECTORS
OFFICERS-IN-CHARGE
SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

William R. Yates
Deputy Executive Associate Commissioner
Office of Field Operations
Immigration Services Division

SUBJECT: Fingerprint Waiver Policy for Naturalization Applicants who am Unable to be Fingerprinted

Public Law 105-119 requires that the immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) receive confirmation from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that a full criminal background check has been completed before adjudicating a naturalization application. At this time, the FBI makes this type of confirmation only in response to queries made by submitting fingerprints. However, there is it small number of applicants for naturalization who have disabilities that render them unable to be fingerprinted or provide legible fingerprints.

The Rehabilitation Act requires in certain instances that all federal agencies make reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Therefore, this memorandum establishes a fingerprinting waiver for certain naturalization applicants with disabilities who are unable to provide fingerprints or are unable to provide legible fingerprints. This memorandum also provides guidance on the procedures for waiving the fingerprinting requirement and alternative procedures for determining whether the applicant meets the good moral character eligibility requirement. These procedures are effective for naturalization applicants scheduled for fingerprinting on and after the date of this memorandum.

Waiver Eligibility

A small number of applicants, for various reasons, are unable to provide fingerprints or unable to provide legible fingerprints. These reasons may include, but are not limited to, birth defects, physical deformities, or skin conditions.

Only an INS officer responsible for overseeing applicant fingerprinting is authorized to waive the fingerprinting requirement. An INS officer may grant a waiver only after he or she:

Has personally seen the applicant;
Has attempted to fingerprint the applicant or has observed a fingerprint technician employed by INS attempt to fingerprint the applicant; and
Determines that the applicant cannot be fingerprinted at all or cannot provide a single legible fingerprint.
A fingerprinting waiver may never be granted simply because an individual has fewer than 10 fingers. The FBI can produce a criminal background record for an individual who provides fewer than 10 fingerprints. A waiver may only be granted when an INS officer determines that an applicant can provide no fingerprints. The waiver must not be granted solely because it appears that the prints will be unclassifiable. In addition, a fingerprinting waiver may never be granted if the reason an individual cannot provide fingerprints or cannot provide legible fingerprints is due to a temporary condition. The decision of the INS officer not to grant a fingerprinting waiver is final and may not be appealed.