FP Review

GC_04

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Online Status for my I-485 changed as below in the last few days.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.

Does this mean, FBI background check is completed and ready for the action when the priority date becomes current whenever it's?.

Filed I-485 at VSC in Dec'04 and received only one FP in April 05.

Thanks
GC 04

Unfortunately, fingerprint check and background check are completely different.

Fingerprint check is completed almost instantly and CIS gets results from FBI the same day as your FP at the ASC.

Background check, on the other hand is when your name, date of birth, etc. is also sent to FBI and is an automated process, but if a "hit" occurs (similar name, similar date of birth on any law enforcement records) then you might get "stuck" because an actual person from FBI has to manually check if the hit is a false positive.

As far as I know, the only way to confirm if you're stuck in background chech is via a senatorial inquiry or with an infopass visit.