FP Reschedule

sanjay92

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
My First FP was scheduled on 20 Feb 2001 but I could not get it done because I was out of country for one month. I have rescheduled FP. After coming back from vacation, I have gone to Oakland ASC but they have refused to take FP saying that you have to wait for next FP notice. I have read somehere in this forum that I can go to Salinas ASC for FP and try my luck there. So I went there with my Courtesy copy of FP notice and then took it without any questions. Just 3 days back, I have received reschedule FP notice from OAKLAND ASC. I have verfied from FBI that they have sent FP results to INS. Now my question to you guys is : Should I go again for FP at Oakland ASC.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sanjay

No Title

Normally, you can skip and ignore the rescheduling notice if FBI
has confirmed sending out the results. However, as a precaution,
many lawyers would advise you to go ahead and redo it again,
just to be on the safe side. It does not take too much time
to be fingerprinted again, so why bother risking your case?

ciba

No Title

Hello Ciba and others,
Today, I have called IIO and asked her whether I should go again for Finger Printing. She said your FP was received on May 14 2001 and you do not need to go again for Finger Printing and she also said that your case is already assigned to Officer. Ciba, do you still think I should go again for FP .
One more question : I have also applied for EAD card and Travel Document ( Advanced Payrol) and I did receive my EAD card in March 2001 but I did not receive my documents for Travel Document although IIO said that they have send the document on 17 Jan 2001 and she said she can\'t resend it. I never received Travel document from INS. Do they send it by certified mail. Do I have to check with post office ?

Please also add my details in your list :
Name : Sanjay Gupta
I-485 RD Oct 31 3000, ND Nov 30 2000
FP notice : 20 Feb 2001 ( Could not done because I was out of country)
FP done : 12 May 2001 (Salinas ASC. Did not receive reschedule notice)
EAD : March 2001
Thanks
Sanjay

No Title

Hello Sanjay

This is pachai.

I almost had a similar situation as yours.
I missed my FP on 2/2/01 and had to do it in Salinas on 04/14/01
and yet to receive my reschedule from INS, Oakland.

I am hoping to get my 485 approval sooner. My FP results had been sent to INS on 01/14 itself. I have called INS a couple of times to confirm this.

I am still not sure whether they have assigned my case to an officer for adjudication since the IIO never told me. Interestingly she asked my WAC number, but not my A# (If the theory explained by all in this board holds good about FP, then my FP is already in the second system and ready to be adjudicated.

here are the case details:

PD - 09/98
I-140 - 8/00
I-485 RD - 09/29/00
      ND - 10/02/00
EAD, AP - 01/2001
FP received - 02/2001 (but missed since i was out of country that time).
04/2001 - got laif off
06/2001 - found another job in similar capacity and am still holding my breath for my 485 approval.

Luckily i surpassed 180 days since the time of my I-485 ND and my previous employer was willing to keep me in the payroll until mid of July-01 for immigration purposes.

Do you think it\'s a good idea to call IIO to confirm whether my case has been assigned to an officer.

Do they assign cases to an officer on PD basis or what?

appreciate your response.

Pachai.

No Title

Sanjay,

If IIO said your finger print is OK, you don\'t need to redo
it again. Oftentime I am just worried the competence of those
IIOs!

As for your AP, it is definitely lost in the mails. Check
with postoffice and if you need it, go to a local office
and ask them for help.

Can you post your EB category, priority date, and country of
origin? Thanks.

ciba

No Title

Hello Ciba and Pachai,
Thanks for your input.
My EB Category : EB2
Country of Origin : India
Priority Date : Don\'t remember
Pachai : I have read about your message about Salinas ASC that\'s why I went to Salinas for FP. You have given me very valuable info. Thanks for your input. I guess your FP was also done in May so I guess we have to wait for atleast one month .

Sanjay

No Title

Hi Sanjay92 / CIBA

I have completed my FP on the second week of April, but not May as indicated in your e-mail. So my waiting period should be shorter than yours right since i did my FP atleast a month of ahead of time.

I don\'t know my current status or rather is there a way I can find out the status of my case - it\'s in Limbo.

CIBA - do u think it\'s a good idea to go over to SFO INS office to find out the timeline and status of my case.

appreciate your response.

pachai

No Title

Hi pachai,

San Francsico office should be able to check your status from
their computer system, but I doubt that will be of any help to
you. They will just tell you that your case is pending, which
you already know!

I start to think that your case perhaps was assigned to an IIO
long time ago but he/she could not adjudicate your case because
you had no finger print results at that time. In other words,
you have probably missed the first "golen" opportunity. Just a