FP request

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Someone I know received a FP notice this month (April). His I-485 application was received May of 1999. how long does the process take from this point on to get the GC? and I know someone else who's I-485 was received in February 1999 and hasn't received any FP request yet. any idea what's going on?

Thanks for any input

The FP are valid for 15 months. According to the latest INS projections, they are processing cases before or on February 1st 1999. Starting from october 1st this year they will process cases filed between february 2nd 1999 and september 14th 1999 (this is only a projection). So since they got a lot of heat before regarding their mishandling of their asylum cases and were actually sued about it, they are trying to plan ahead for the next fiscal year starting from october 1st. However, it seems that some people are more lucky and get their green cards before the others. My faith is that they will keep their promises and will give the green cards to those who applied within their projected time. Good luck