FP question

Vishnu2003

Registered Users (C)
I applied N-400 for me and my wife on Jan 26' 07. We both got the finger print notice scheduled on Feb 27 th. My wife got a additional FP notice on Mar 16 th.

I thought we would both get the Interview notice on the day :-(. But only I got the interview letter for April 19 th 07, she hasn't received it yet.

Is it a good idea to apply for police clearance certificate for my wife and keep it ready (It could delay upto 4 weeks for processing and mailing the police clearance certificates it seems), just incase she gets the interview letter shortly?

I don't have to carry police clearance certificate, since i didn't get the second notice and hopefully it went through the first time - Right?

Please advice, Thanks Much

Hi Vishnu,
Iwould take an info pass and go to the DO to determine why she was sent a letter again for FP. If they say that her FP were not clearly identifiable then she needs to reatke her FP. In the meantime you do not have to get police clearences as the USCIS along with FBI will check her background along with her name check. Once her name check clears USCIS typically schedules interviews. Hope this is helpful.

I thought we would both get the Interview notice on the day :-(. But only I got the interview letter for April 19 th 07, she hasn't received it yet.

That is quite normal to get separate calls for interveiw. Mine and my spouse's interview dates were separated by more than a month and 10 days.

Is it a good idea to apply for police clearance certificate for my wife and keep it ready (It could delay upto 4 weeks for processing and mailing the police clearance certificates it seems), just incase she gets the interview letter shortly?

I don't have to carry police clearance certificate, since i didn't get the second notice and hopefully it went through the first time - Right?

Where are you getting this idea of police clearance from? I have never heard about any such requirement. Does the interview letter or any other communication from USCIS indicate anything of that sort. If not, why unnecessarily make things more complicated?

Gopal/takadigi, Thanks for your response.

I did some research on this forum and found that police clearance certificate may be required if it does not go through second time. My wife mentioned that the quality of the prints were pretty similar to the what she got the first time, So we are skeptical that it will go through the second time.

Here is the link to thread where i got info on police clearance certificate.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=224837&highlight=police+clearance