FP question ????? anybody has done FP manually? ..CIBA help

UT_longhorn_desi

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I went to a local ASC office yesterday to get my fingerprints done as scheduled. There were total three station for finger printing. Two stations had scan machines that were being used for scanning fingerprints electronically, but the third station was being used to perform manual fingerprints on a card.

When my turn came, they took me to the third station and did my finger prints manually. I’m curious if someone has done FP manually, and how much time it takes to get FP cleared from FBI? or it doesn’t matter if its manual or electronic FPs?
Please share the experience.

I did FP mannually

I did FP mannual at Red Bluff Police Dept, which serves the vast Northern Calfornia area along the I-5 corridor for INS FP. It took about 10 days for FBI to receive the FP results. On the other hand, I was told that doing FP manually resulted in better quality. My wife and son also had their FP done manually and the quality were all good.
  Michael

No Title

Yes, michael is right. Up till last year, many ASC still
did finger prints manually. It takes more time for the
results to reach to FBI. Later, most ASC use scanning
machines to save time. I\'ve also heard that FPs which are
done manually have better quality. So, don\'t worry about
it. You just have to wait a few more days to check with
FBI.

ciba

No Title

I did manually too. It took 26 days for the result to get to VSC, but the quality is better according to FBI officer. The wired thing is when I called up VSC, the AMV still says my case not found. ND 3/12/01. Anybody has similar situation?

Finger Printing in CA

Hi,
I gave FP on Jan 5th, when called up FBI , they said, they haven\'t received FP File .
They took me on Card , anybody has this type of experience.
Any idea , how long this may take.

thanks
mnrao