FP Pending, FBI Background check pending - how to track please help

dvkboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

My I-140 was approved on 2/9/06. I-485 was filed (for me and my wife) at vermont service center on 5/24/06. Got FP receipt notice on 7/12/06 and finished on 7/20/06 at California. Received I-485 Interview notice (adjustment of staus) to appear at Los Angeles USCIS on 10/16/06. Me and my wife appeared on 10/16/06 at Los Angeles USCIS office and the officer was verified all the documents. He told us my FP was pending (still processing) and for my wife everything was cleared. Further he added that once he receive FP clearence then he will approve/grant GC for us.

My questions are
1) how do i check my FP is cleared or not?
2) How do i check my FP is moved to FBI or not?
3) When will they do background check, name check?
4) How long will it take to clear FP, name check , background check?
5) Is there any contact number avilable to check those above things?

Please help. :confused:

1) how do i check my FP is cleared or not?
2) How do i check my FP is moved to FBI or not?

fbi fingerprint check unit can be reached either at 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406

3) When will they do background check, name check?

it looks like these checks are finished

4) How long will it take to clear FP, name check , background check?

fp usually cleared at FBI in one day. The problem is that in uscis it can take couple of weeks to update computer system with results

5) Is there any contact number avilable to check those above things?

gl

Hi dvkboy,
Hope you get your decision soon. All the best.

How did your case get transferred to VSC? Did you change your address? I am also in a similar situation. I am not really sure if I should update my address.

Thanks CMAPOCMA.

My I-485 was filed at VSC by using our company address (my company is in NJ). But i am living in California. So my case transfered to NEWARK NJ District office to schedule interview on 7/31/06. I sent a letter to NEWARK NJ Disctrict office to transfer my case to Los Angeles USCIS office and send a copy of the same to Los Angeles office and also i submitted AR-11. Then next day i called USCIS tollfree number and spoke to the officer. He updated the address in their system. Based on those all drama, i got a interview letter from Los Angeles USCIS office.

Thanks