FP Notice

jojo1969

Registered Users (C)
1. Who will get FP notice, Me or Lawyer?

2, When VSC Send out FP Notice, Is that Automated system Will update message?

Thank you

RD:09/04. ND is irrelvant so that I do not remeber exactly. (around 11/07)

No Title

RD is irrelavant. After having been received there, it could simply collect dust. ND is when it is first entered into the system, checks are encashed, receipts are sent out and they actually would start working on it.

RD: 9/4/01 Received FP Notice

Received FP Notice on 1/12/01
RD:9/4/01 ND:11/7/01
FP scheduled for 2/12/02 at Newark @12PM

Why is the Priority date on the FP notice mentioned as 9/4/01. Isn\'t it supposed to be the date I started my GC processing(i.e ~Aug2000)?

No Title

During the whole process of Green Card (from initiation to approval), one has to submit many applications, separately and sequentially, starting from labor certification to I140 to I485 (plus EAD and AP but these are not mandatory). As one has to submit atleast 3 applications at different stages of the process, barring exceptions, there will be three different Receipt Dates (so to speak). The norm is that the date that labor department receives an application on is the priority date for the case, which is mentioned on different notices in future. RD is referred to as the date when INS service center receives an I-485 application. And Notice Date (ND) is the date when the data from this application is entered into the system and receipts are generated and EAC/LIN/etc number are allocated. There could be a gap of months between RD and ND (not lately though). FP follows I-485 application which can only be filed once PD is current. If PD (for a category and a country) is not current, I-485 application couldn\'t be filed (have read few cases here on this forum where the application was declined when submitted before the date had become current).