FP notice scheduled for my wife and she\'s out of the country. Help

krishnan v

Registered Users (C)
Hi

As the message says, we are scheduled for a FP on March 15th and my wife left for India 2 weeks ago for a 6 week trip. Will Ins reschedule for a date in a couple of months without creating any problems. What other problems can we run into.

The frustrating thing is that we called our lawyers before she left and they said they hadn\'t received any FP notice from VSC. When I called again after seeing info posted in this group, they had the notice from about a month ago (I found yesterday that our fP was scheduled for tommorow!).

If anyone has any info/opinion on this post.

My details, PD may 98, RD 3 jan 2000, ND 20 jan 2000 country India, (yeah part of the FP guinea pigs of Oct 99 - May 2000 from India and China)

Thanks krishnan

No Title

INS considers the I-485 abandoned if the FP is not done before the date specified in the FP notice. Usually they give 3 months approx. from the Notice Date of the FP( The actual initial schedule will usually be 1 month from the Notice date of FP). They generally ask you to have the FPs done on any day of the first week they schedule for you. After that they ask you to go on any Wednesday prior to the last date specified in the Notice.

So, I would suggest that you carefully read the Notice you have received and make sure that the FPs are done well before time. Also, FBI may take some time to process and to send to INS. So, try to get this done ASAP even if it requires to cut the trip a little short. You can always enjoy longer vacations once you have your GC in hand.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck.

VSCRD1199