FP notice not received for April 8,9,10 filers

amusk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My ND 04/08/02 state MA, FP not received. I know that FP not issued for ND 8,9,10 of April. Please let me know if anybody has any info about this.

Thanks for your help.

My ND is 05/17/02, NY I haven't recd FP notice yet. I don't why ? most people with may ND have gotton their FP notices.

There are some of us waiting for FP notices

who filed around April 8-10, from NJ, NY, CT ( March 2002 tracker). Did u guys check with the IIO ?

NY, NJ, MA, CT 485 filers with no FP notice?

Are there any NY, NJ, MA, CT filers with notice date prior to April 8, 2002 and not received their finger print notice yet?

FYI, these states have issued FP pretty fast of late but 8, 9, 10 April ND filers have not received it. People with ND after these dates and as late as June 2002 from these states have received FP notice.

the line has moved

There are approvals as late as ND = 10/31/02.

If I were you I'll make my lawyer call up the VSC and inquire.

Maybe it is some simple RFE that was mailed out but never got to you.

Happened to my friend.

I-485, I-131 & I-765 mailed at the same time.
MD: 3/20/02
ND: 3/26/02
RD: 4/10/02

I-131 approved sometime in June.
RFE for I-765 (photo has to be retaken) received by INS on 7/1/02.

Still waiting for EAD & FP notice. Is this kind of normal waiting time?

Also, on INS AVM it says that the preliminary process is done for my I-765. The process time for this kind of case at this stage is 90 days". Does it mean I have to wait for an additional 90 days counted from 7/1/02?

BTW, I am a first time user on this board. I assume MD means "mail date", ND means "Notice date", RD means "receipt date", and RFE means "request for evidence"?

Hi xdai

Things have slowed. There was another person, nyman, who had an RFE for EAD and I think it took about 4-5 weeks for approval.

Please post your details in the March 2002 Tracker Part 2 thread and also you can follow the progress of fellow march filers.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=13850

Your interpretation of MD, RD, etc is correct. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
same boat

Hi ,

My ND is April 10 ,02 ... i havent got the fingerprint notice too. What do i do ?

It seems fishy!

:confused:

It is too early to tell. Something smells fishy as April 8, 9 10 ND haven't received FP notice yet but people from the same states as these filers (MA, NY, NJ, CT) have received notices with ND as late as June.

xdai, sammat: Which is your state? MD and NH are a bit slow in issuing notices.

tried calling up INS many times

guys its such a frustrating procedure ... u keep calling INS and there phone is always engaged ...the only time that i can get thru is in the evenings when i hear that same automated message

Not really that difficult. Maybe it's just a matter of timing when you call INS. I called last Friday afternoon (maybe most of people are heading down to beach) and got connected after waiting on line for about 10 minutes. But I am not sure how helpful the information really is. The guy said that the RFE had to go through another process before it went to an INS officer again, which could take 2-6 weeks to get approval since the received date of the RFE. For my case (RFE received on 7/1/02), I would call in mid of August if I don't get approval by then. As for FP notice he said that it was generated automatically by the system depending on the availability and schedule of local office. All he could tell me about my case is that the FP notice is in the middle of process, which I am not sure what it means. Also he said that their office was still processing cases from last August so I should not worry about anything since I am in no way near that.

Hope the information gives kind of relief.

I do understand that the FP is "supposedly" an automated procedure and is done based on the local office's schedule. But, I would still say the logic within this sytem is flawed. Or maybe, the scheduling is triggered only when an IIO does something. Because if it is automated, one would think that FP would be scheduled for people who have filed earlier and also on a first in, first out basis. Say for CT, even now May and June filers are getting FP notice when specifically April 8-10 is not. Hmmm... :rolleyes:

As long as we get it some point in time, it is fine.

Not for me. Still waiting for EAD approval and FP notice. Plan to call this Friday if not hearing EAD approval by then.

May GOD bless all of us.