FP Notice - NOT IN COUNTRY

PK

Registered Users (C)
Guys, What happens if I get the FP notice and if I am out of country. Can I reschedule with INS or will this pose a problem/delay. Your Input is very much appreciated. Usually how long will I have once I get the notice.

Thanks

PK

No Title

You will have something like 6 months after you get the notice. They normally give a day on which you should go for FP. And also specify that it should be done latest by a certain date which is around 6 months from the date they issued the notice. If you are going to be out of country for 1-2 months, you should not have any problem.

No Title

thanks kiranhegde2 :

but my wife will be out of country for 3 1/2 months ( mid Jan. to April end ) and i am planning to go sometime in april ( Actually i have already got tickets for that period ). The way I see FP notices coming it is taking only 2 to 3 months and it may fall exactly during this period.
your thoughts.

PK

No Title

I heard from many guys on this forum that INS is sending out FP notices when the case is in the hand of an officer. That means, you will not get FP notice until your 485 is about to be adjudicated. And FP notice is normally sent to your attorney. Before you leave, tell your attorney to inform you as well as your company as soon as they get the FP notice. Based on how much time is provided on FP notice, you can make plans to come back early if necessary. But I think you can comfortably come back and do FP. Because, you are going to be here until April. So you will hear about FP notice if it arrives before then. So you can see yourself how much time you have. If it did not arrive, then you go to your country and comeback (I assume you stay for a month there). And if the FP notice has arrived in that time, then I guess you will have sufficient time to do FP. Anyway, it is not a big deal to convince that you had to visit your country for an important reason and was not sure when to expect FP notice. If you really can not comeback before the last day mentioned on FP notice, then your attorney can request INS to provide more time as his client has to be out of the country for so and so reason. Anyway, I guess you know that you are not supposed to be out of country for more than 2 months at a time using AP. This is what I heard from friends. I assume your wife is not outside the country on AP for that long.

No Title

you are a great source of info. KiranHegde2. No my wife is going on her H-4 and I am going on my H-1. Our H visas are still valid till July 2001. Yes I am going to India only for 3 weeks and I hope FP dates don\'t fall during that period.

Once again thanks a lot

PK

No Title

Your statement about not being allowed to remain out of the country for more than two months, is it based on postings here or is there a INS regulation governing this ?

No Title

dan dan, I mentioned the source in my posting. I heard this from few of my friends who were trying to findout that piece of information for themselves.

No Title

is it sure that FP notice comes when the case is with officer?? I dont know that\'s why asking please
give more details, bcos I did my FP last week so I want to know more details?. when can I expect my
485 approval ND 3/10/00 , PD 6/99 , FP 12/00.

No Title

Sorry for bothering you but obviously you are wrong as there have been postings here where people have stayed out of the country for 4 months.

No Title

sai96 :
could you explain what your FP NOTICE said.

1. How much time do you have once you get your notice ?
2. Does it say you have to get FP done within a certain period of time or that notice is invalid ?
3. When did you file your I-485 ?

All these answers will help me determine when I can expect my FP notice and from that time onwards till when do I have to actually get mt FP done ? Thanks in advance

PK

No Title

You have exactly 90 days from the date the finger print notice is issued.
So, if you are going abroad, come back before your finger print time expires.

No Title

answers to your questions.
1. one week peroid ( if you dont, go any wednessday with in 6 months)
2. answers in 1.
3. PD 6/17/99, RD 9/6/00, ND 10/3/00, FP 12/00,