FP notice ND Jan 01

Hi Guys

My wife (derivative) has an FP date on May 17 at Boston office. Her ND is Jan15, 2001. Please answer these questions.

1) Can she get her FP done at a different location and perhaps pre-pone it since we no longer live in the east coast. I am trying to see if it is ok so she would not have to travel all the way just for an FP. Would a different location generate any transfers or RFE\'s.

2) Would she need to show proof of residence for Boston (we have our attorney\'s address) if she has to take it in Boston only or will her passport be ok.

Please provide your valuable input to my queries.
Thanks in advance for your advice/suggestions

No Title

I suppose it will be better off for your wife to go to Boston to complete the FP. Or else you have notify the change of address and let INS know about your new address (Actually as per the INS rules you have to report the change of address to the INS).

But to avoid any future complications, if I were you, I would take the effort to go to Boston to complete the FP. What do you think folks????

Good Luck

No Title

I just completed my FP in Boston, ASC - 170 port land street.

Starting from March 2001 they only accept you on the specified date
or you need to officially re schedule with them (not VSC).
They prefer EAD as your photo ID, but do accept other forms of ID.
You must know your A# to fill out the form. The ASC (170 Portland street) is not in the main INS building downtown - that got me confused because I assumed it was there. The whole process took
about 2.5 hours because of the long line. The appointment time
was not terribly important.No proof of residence was asked for,
however the form you fill out has the address fields on it.... so...
Mine was the same.

Good luck.

No Title

sunny boy,

I did my FP in Boston. You first fill out a simple in which your current address is asked. When the officer checked with my form, he said to himself "OK, still in MA, ...". So I guess your residence may really matter. But he didn\'t ask me for any proof. Also the address I put on my form was different from the one I use for I-485.

iamtired

No Title

Thanks iamtired, a701440, 485-pending for your detailed info. That definitely helps. And good luck to you guys on your approval