FP notice, lost in the mail

Aileen_gc

Registered Users (C)
Was so excited when my lawyer told me that they got my FP notice and asked him to forward it to me so I can do my FP as soon as possible. Well, Holidays have passed but my FP notice seems to be still in "vacation" so I called my lawyer's office again and told me that they forgot to mail it. I got so frustrated, I've been waiting for two weeks now but I still got nothing in the mail. Also, I checked my status online and it says there that they mailed my FP in December but I got nothing. This is really really frustrating. My husband, who is the primary applicant has already done his FP. I went with him on his appointment date hoping that I could also do my FP without any notice but the Atlanta ASC refused me to do it, that was even more frustrating. He even got another FP notice in the mail the other day, this is really really not fair!!!!
I have a question, though. My lawyer said that the time I could get my notice (coming from his office), it would already past its appointment date. He said that if the ASC gave me a hard time doing my FP, He wants me to call him that very moment so he could talk to an immigration officer. I wonder if that's possible at all. Another option he said is to go to an INS office in Atlanta and explain there about my notice and maybe they'll let me do my FP. I need help please. Everyday is like forever to me, waiting for this never-ending procedure to get finished. Thanks everyone, I just want to vent & I think I'm feeling better now.

Sorry to hear it, there may be some reason God knows.

To solve the issue, in my opinion is

As u mentioned your online status shows that they sent u FP. thats good. many ppl I would like to say almost all ppl are sharing that their online status never said that FP is sent. so u are lucky.

Printout this immidiately before it change :D .
Ask you attorney that write on his letterhead that he (received) FP on behalf on you. mail was sent. it seems that FP is lost in mail. my client acompanying with this letter and Online stauts, you are requested to take FP of my client.
..... attorney will fix rest of this letter.

If even attorney refuse to issue letter don't worry.
use ur online message, and go to FP with this confident that they are going to accept and not sending u back. I am sure you would get sucess and FP done there using online msg. be confident, polite, supper nice, and keep smile :D

btw: usualy all attorney make copy of any letter they receive from USCIS or all communicaiton btw them. ask if they have copy of FP.. that immidiately solve FP issue. u can go ahead with copy of it.

One unconvenience Advise:
There is a Electronic Gudget available in Office max / Depot Called 'Fax machine' if you are familar with it. not costly < $50.
many ppl use this to make their life easy. :D

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
Aileen_gc,
No need to worry.
Ask your attorney to keep a copy of your FP notice, and FedEx to you the original he received.
You can miss your FP appointment. As per notice, you will have about a month or so, usually printed in the FP notice to give your FP (before they consider your application is abandoned). As long as the date is not passed, you are fine. You can try with a Fax copy too, but it depends on immigration officer.

ND-July2002 said:
You should change your userid to "Mai hoon na"

:D Thanks, your kind advise has been noted, btw
"Yah banda-e-nacheez kuch nahi , Uper-wala / Nelee-Chathree-wala hay sub kay leay :D "

However fact is that word "Mai hoon naa" is reserved by me for only my beloved spouse, We physically more than 10,000 miles far away from each other, but not from heart, and 'Mai hoon naa' magic word helps both whenever shoulders are needed.
Waiting painfully but patiently for 485 and after that we have to walk on F2J path and wait to end this long journey and story :D .

Keep remember us in prays. :D

Thanks
Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator: