FP notice after 15 months

Jinda_Dil

Registered Users (C)
We have been hearing about FP expiration after 15 months (of INS receivig results). Also we heard different opinion from different lawyers. Some say we need to re do FP and some (including ours) say this is not an issue and advise not to worry on this account.

I am curious to know what have been the real experiences.

1. Please post on this thread if yourself or someone you know received re-FP notice from BICS after 15 months. Pl post the WAC#, 1st FP receipt date, etc..

2. If, yes how long after expiration, the new notice was received?

3. Has the case approved after re-doing FP and how long it took to get approval after that FP?

4. Has anyone got approval after FP expiration date and didn't receive any notice for re-FP? Pl post details. We hope for such outcome.

Thanks for your information.

my family FPs were received by INS last January and will reach 15 months soon. I also want to get the same information about this issue.

wac-02-040-
RD 11/01
FP 01/02
RFE 12/11/02

New Regulations for Inquiry Process for CSC I-485 Cases

Please check the following info for Inquiry Process for CSC I-485 Cases, including exporing FP cases (http://www.elirich.com/immigration.htm).

Changes to Member Inquiry Process for CSC I-485 Cases
Regarding I-485 member inquiries to the California Service Center, please note the following changes:
1) In calculating whether a case is past the normal processing time, the CSC uses the date on the I-797 receipt notice listed as the "receipt date." The receipt date listed on the I-797 may be later than the date the case was actually delivered to the CSC. In calculating whether a case is past the normal processing time, do not file an inquiry unless the receipt date on the I-797 is 30 days past the most recent CSC Processing Time Report. Regarding I-485 member inquiries to the California Service Center, please note the following changes:
2) It is no longer the CSC's policy to expedite the processing of I-485 applications where the applicant's fingerprints are within 90 days of expiration. The CSC will accept an inquiry only if the case is 30 days past the current processing date. Therefore, please do not send inquiries on expiring fingerprints.
3) In requests for fingerprint appointments, consider that I-485 processing times are now 16+ months. Fingerprints expire within 15 months. Therefore, if your case has been recently filed, you may not want to request a fingerprint appointment now since the prints will likely expire by the time the case is adjudicated. If your case is close to the current processing date, then you may want to request an appointment.
4) I-485 Applications and Age-Outs. The CSC will no longer expedite an age-out case if the applicant is protected under CSPA. The CSC is going through the age-out cases to separate the CSPA protected cases. Cases protected under CSPA will receive a letter stating they are CSPA eligible and the case will be processed under normal processing guidelines. The CSC reports that most of the cases that have been reviewed are CSPA eligible. Therefore, if your client is CSPA eligible, please do not file an inquiry.
If the applicant is not protected under CSPA, you should continue to flag the case upon filing and send follow-up inquiries as needed.