FP & name check

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
Howdy,
I called the FBI office today and I was told that my FP result were sent back to USCIS office same day I did them. Is that mean that i am safe from name check limbo?

Thanks in advance.

Howdy,
I called the FBI office today and I was told that my FP result were sent back to USCIS office same day I did them. Is that mean that i am safe from name check limbo?

Thanks in advance.

No it means your FP is done and Name Check is being done rite now. You should be alrite as only 1-2% (like me)fall in that blackhole and f'ed royally!.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just means they sent the results back. They don't tell you what they found about you. If you get the IL that is a good sign. Check the tracker for your DO to get an idea of the timeline and post your info there and in your signature so it helps others.

Which office of the FBI does one contact? What is the procedure for finding this information?

I'm at VCS/Newark.

Howdy,

Thanks in advance.

if you receive the second FP notice, you will know that FP is not approved and you will go for FP again. If you don't receive FP, then you will know it is a good sign and then the next step for you is to wait for IL.

They won't tell you what the results or what are found in the results. FBI and USCIS shared the information on condition of anonymity because they were not supposed to release the information based on federal rules. All you can ask USCIS is to make an INFOPASS appointment to ask if your name check is completed or ask for status. when did you file your N-400?

Please provide your timeline (please include what your DO is) so it would help other people to understand.

I have just received the 2nd interview letter. I have already passed US history and English tests(3 years ago). Do I have to take those tests again? Also is this an indication that my name check is compete, because I have gone thru this before. Is there any way to know about name check status.
Thanks,

USG485, i sent my application on April 17, my FP was rescheduled from May 15 to June 14.
Texas center, San Antonio DO
when will it be a good time for me to check on name check status?
Thanks