FP letter, Help!

littlelittle

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer had sent me a copy of the FP notice he has received. But I havn't received anything so far. Do I need the original letter for FP or it has to be the original one? What should I do if I don't get the letter?

Did anyone have the similar situation? Please help! :(

Thanks a bunch!

Not exactly in your sitaution, but in both my FPs CIS kept the original notice after finger printing. Why don't you ask your lawyer to mail you the notice he/she got and take it to CIS?

in general you should also get it at your home address either one should work. It ghas not to be specifically from Lawyer only.

Copy should be fine.

No need of original and copy of the FP should be fine. I had the same problem. There was no issue when I had my FP in New Roselle, NY.

littlelittle said:
My lawyer had sent me a copy of the FP notice he has received. But I havn't received anything so far. Do I need the original letter for FP or it has to be the original one? What should I do if I don't get the letter?

Did anyone have the similar situation? Please help! :(

Thanks a bunch!

My 2nd FP notice was lost in mail .... I requested a copy from the lawyer ... and she sent me one ... and that too was lost in mail ... I asked her to fax the notice .... this time .. I got the FAX copy and used it for the FP in the NJ local CIS Center .. No probs any where .... FP went fine ...

So, don't worry ... even a fax copy should do .. they look for a bar code/number in the notice ... which they scan and get your information retrieved form the DB and complete the FP ... go ahead with a copy .. it shouldn't matter ....

- Jha

GCJhalak said:
My 2nd FP notice was lost in mail .... I requested a copy from the lawyer ... and she sent me one ... and that too was lost in mail ... I asked her to fax the notice .... this time .. I got the FAX copy and used it for the FP in the NJ local CIS Center .. No probs any where .... FP went fine ...

So, don't worry ... even a fax copy should do .. they look for a bar code/number in the notice ... which they scan and get your information retrieved form the DB and complete the FP ... go ahead with a copy .. it shouldn't matter ....

- Jha
What kind of a mailbox / mail carrier do you have ?!?! :D
Seems like you're losing anything that comes :)

GCJhalak said:

- Jha

Were they able to scan the barcode off of the fax? I used a fax notice also from my lawyer for my FP2, but the barcode must've got mangled in the fax because they were not able to scan it. So they just read the LIN number off of the faxed notice and entered my information (name/address etc) manually. I wonder if it makes any difference?