FP IN San Jose

Red Leader

Registered Users (C)
G\' day All,

I am a regular here but not in Ciba\'s list. I just wanted to share with you all my experience at the San Jose INS FP office on Story road. I got my FP notice on Saturday Feb 10 with an appointment set for 3/27/01. I went there today with the hope of getting it done sooner. They were very accommodating and I manged to get them done striaght away! From the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out took 10 minutes! What\'s more they were very polite!

My other deatils are:

RD: Nov 22 00
ND: Dec 8 00
EAD: Not received yet
AP: Jan 30 01
PD: April 96
FP: Mar 27 01 but actually done Feb 15th 01
EB3 Reg DOL (they had lost my paperwork for 3 years!)

Does anyone know how long it wil take to get the 485 complete? is it still 30-40 days??

No Title

What I want to know is whether anybody has got an early approval as a result of going for fingerprints early. Let me explain: I don\'t think that CSC says "Fingerprints/FBI check has arrived, let\'s assign file to officer." I think they say "Fingerprints were scheduled for this file for XX/01 date. It is now past this date. Are fingerprints here? Yes. OK - assign file to officer."

If it is the latter case, there is no point going for fingerprints early. It may work against you, because fingerprints go stale after 90 days. If it is the former case, it will benefit to go early."

So, my question. Has anybody gone early for fingerprints, and benefitted from going early? My attorney says "Better to go on appointment date - don\'t do anything unusual."

No Title

Hi Red Leader, did you prepare a good excuse for earlier FP? Was that you just went into the office and took FP? Was there any problem on finding parking space around the office? Thanks.

No Title

No excuse is needed if you go to San Jose ASC. There are plenty of
parking spaces available in that tiny shopping center.

ciba

No Title

Ciba is right, there is no real excuse needed, as the place was empty. However, I did tell them that I was going to be out of town on that date and they were fine with that. They didn\'t even ask for any evidence, although I did have a itinerary with me just to be on the safe side.

There are plenty of parking spaces available, however, I did have a problem just finding the place. I was expecting a big government building and it turned out to be a small office in a strip mall which you cannot see from the road!

No Title

Yeah, I did the same way, My FP scheduled date is 3/16, and I did my 1st FP on 2/13 and 2nd FP on 2/15. When I went there in the morning of 2/12, the office is very crowed and the receptionist ask me come on the scheduled date. I then went there again in the afternoon and there is just a few people there. Did the 1st FP in 5 minutes!

Just a tip, if it\'s very crowed in the ASC office, WAIT.. come over in the afternoon is better.

No Title

Hi RedLeader,

If you had trouble finding the place, you obviously did not read the
classic report (by me ) about the directions on how to get to
San Jose ASC. :)

ciba

No Title

Ciba, in general terms, do you think going early for FP
would help to speed the case? Or as pfdv suspect, that
the INS folks don\'t look at the case until past the
scheduled FP date? I am scheduled in late March for FP.

Thanks for your advice.
-sam

No Title

Sam,

Doing finger print early has a slight advantage of speeding up the
case. I want to stress the word "slight". This is just my
observation from reading messages over the course of a year. I have
seen a few approvals from applicants who did their finger prints
ahead of scheduled time. Their approvals would not be possible (or
would be delayed) had they gone for FP on the appointment date.

Again, it\'s my observation. There are no hard statistics to back me
up.

ciba