FP in a jurisdiction outside of VSC

Tarkus

Registered Users (C)
Though my I485 is being processed at VSC, I had done my FP at Denver, where I currently reside. When I called the FBI about the results, they said it was cleared, but that they had sent it to the Nebraska Service Centre (because Denver falls under their jurisdiction).
When I talked with the IIOs at VSC, they say they cannot let me know if my FP has been received by them. (Don\'t ask me why)
Is there any way of finding out if my FP results have been received by VSC either from the FBI or from the Nebraska SC?
Could any of you out there who know something about this process please enlighten me?
Thanks in advance

No Title

This can be quite complicated. Check with your attorney. Have the FP reached VSC or not. You need to make sure they reach VSC

No Title

FBI always send the FP results, to the service center which comes under the jursidiction where FP is done no matter where your I-485 is filed. However the FP process is centralized to all service centers. So when NSC scans your FP results it will be updated in INS computers and it can be accessed by all service centers.(in your case VSC). So it is a question when NSC will update your finger prints.
To my knowledge it will take about 6-8 weeks for NSC to update FP results after they receive it from FBI.
Hope this helps ...

No Title

Dear Tarkus
In my personal experience there is no problem as the FP notice clearly mentions the service center
In my case I am the primary petioner but my wife and children are in Texas(doing residency) while i am in Pennsylvania(working)
When we got the FP notices as our addresses were different I was asked to go to Philadelphia,PA service center, for my FP while my family were asked to get their FP done at Lubbock,TX service center. We checked the FP a week later and both were approved and sent to VSC, which is the Service Center for PA
Our I485 got approved without any hassle and even for bPassport stamping we were asked to go to Philadelphia and Dallas. So relax and dont worry. have a charminar!!!

No Title

Tarkus,

I also had the same problem. My 485 was filed in VSC, but my FP was done in SanJose, California where I live.
When I checked up with FBI they told me that they have sent the results to California Service Center. I asked the
FBI representative abt sending the results to VSC, she told me that they send it to the nearest SC and since all the
SC\'s are networked it should not be a problem. Let\'s hope so

rajlak