FP Experience in Boston

t1m

EB3/Other
RD 08/14/99
ND 09/28/99
EAD 11/21/99
FP Notice 08/04/00 (For the week of 08/25 + 7 Days)
FP Done 09/01/00 @ 170 Portland Str /Boston

Pleasant experience, it took us longer to find the place that the actual procedure. Someone posted while back to avoid Wednesdays (because if
you don\'t fit in your 7 day slice you may come on any Wednesday for ~ 3.5 month, so the place is packed on Wednesdays), so we visited the place on Friday. Line ~ 4 people, an indian couple, a latino woman and us. We came at around 9 am. Even though it said in the documents that the drivers license is an acceptable form of ID we were asked for another ID, EAD cards were taken w/o problems. By the time we
finished filling out the forms it was our turn to do go to the machine.

The procedure itself was way cool: I\'ve taken fp few times before, and I was expecting the usual black ink, cop pressing your thumbs against the paper etc. Instead, there was this state of the art machine with integrated PC and scanner, fingers were pressed against glass, camera took pictures, everything was digitized on the spot right on the screen.
There even was a quality assurance person that made sure that the pictures came out all right. wow. I was very impressed, I wish I knew how they are comparing these pictures against database records, do they vectorize them first, is it a pure bitmap comparison ? That\'d be unrelaiable though.

The stuff was extremely proffesional, I think they are trained specifically to smile and be polite. Compared with pretty bad experience
with INS before I couldn\'t beleive my eyes, I felt I was on a different planet.

Anywho, hope this helps someone,

T