FP Done Today at Newark (18 Nov 2004)

Explorer19

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys
Did my FP today at Newark.
I got the FP notice on 4 Oct 2004 and have been waiting for 45 days and finally I am done with my FP.
My FP was around 3 PM and I was done by 2:30 PM. The whole process from entering to FP done just took about 15 minutes.
For other details, refer to my signature

Advice for people who want to go for Early FP at Newark

Please try to go to Newark ASC in the evening around 2-3 PM as there was not much rush at all. May be they will consider early FP beacuse of very less umber of people

Called FBI just now.
The lady told me that the FP were received yesterday itself (the same day as FP given-18 Nov 2004) and were processed normally and sent back to INS

Hello Explorer19
how can we reach FBI...I gave my prints on 11/20, I would like to check the status of my FP...

Thanks,

Hi Ravichand1
Call the FBI at 304-625-2406 and ask them that u want to check the status of ur FP, ur call will be transferred and u will be connected with another person who will take ur A#, ur name and ur type of application for which u did FP (ofcourse I-485). Then she will let u know the details.

Thanks for your quick response Explorer19. ...I called the FBI and they they sent the results to USCIS on the same day but didnt answer if my prints were clear or not .... fingers crossed..

Hi Friend,

I have first FP scheduled in December at Newark, NJ

Is there any dress code? (I mean, suit). Please let me know. I know it is silly question, but I am so much thinking about dress code.

thanks
NSCGC2003.

Nscgc2003

Dress code is anything except your birth suit :D :D

Come'on dude, they are taking finger prints, not your body prints... relax :rolleyes:

Hi Ravichand1,

Were there any updates for your case on the USCIS website ?

I too did fingerprinting on 11/20, but it was for CSC.
I didnt see any update as yet

Thanks
gcsfo.

RAVICHAND1 said:
Thanks for your quick response Explorer19. ...I called the FBI and they they sent the results to USCIS on the same day but didnt answer if my prints were clear or not .... fingers crossed..

Hello gcsfo....I didnt see any change in my LUD...I am not sure how long will it take for them to update the status....

Explorer19 said:
Hi Guys
Did my FP today at Newark.
I got the FP notice on 4 Oct 2004 and have been waiting for 45 days and finally I am done with my FP.
My FP was around 3 PM and I was done by 2:30 PM. The whole process from entering to FP done just took about 15 minutes.
For other details, refer to my signature

Advice for people who want to go for Early FP at Newark

Please try to go to Newark ASC in the evening around 2-3 PM as there was not much rush at all. May be they will consider early FP beacuse of very less umber of people

Hi Explorer19,

Has your case status been updated online? How long does it take typically for online update after FP is done?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi try4gc
No not yet. I still didn't see any updates. May be because of holidays or may be they r lazy.
Another thing is I called FBI on 19 Nov (a day after my FP) and they told me that the FPs were processed normally (not rejected) and sent back to USCIS

I don't know what USCIS is doing with the results?

Did the FP at Newark office on Sat.Nov27.

My wife had the fp appt. on Sat.27th and I had the Appt. on Nov 30th. When we got there and I asked the guard if I can do it today. He said no. So my wife went for her FP. She aksed the person who was taking her FP that if I can do it today as well. Since we are already there. So that employee asked the supervisor and supervisor said yes. But the guy at the desk said no and he only allowed me to do the FP after Supervisor wrote ok my appt. notice. So we both did it on saturday and it saved me a vacation day and extra trip. Inside staff was very nice . We were there with our 4 week old son and they were very helpful. That was nice. They did my FP out of turn . Which was very nice.

So I guess if anybody who have a fp on different date and want to do the FP same day as their spouse . They should talk to the employee inside and may be to the supervisor if they can.
Hope this helps.
Rajiv.

Hi Guys
I am Happy to say that my LUD changed today (just now) and I received 2 e-mails reflecting received FP results.
Quick recap: I-485 ND: 27 Feb 2004, FP: 18 Nov 2004 (Newark, NJ)
Here is the message:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 29, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

For further details, refer to my signature