FP AVM experience...

joinedisn

Registered Users (C)
We (me and my wife) had our FP done at Newark, NJ on December 28th, 2001

For me the AVM is saying "FP notice was mailed to you..."
For my wife it said " On Dec 31st we received ur FP and are pending review"

I checked again tonight and for me " FP notice was mailed to you...."
For my wife " On Jan 18th FP results received and processing resumed"

The only difference was in the way we were FP\'ed. I was done on the paper thingy and my wife was FP\'ed on the computer. Is there anyone with a similar experience.

FP AVM

I think the update of AVM is very random. My guess if the person who processes the paperwork remembers to update AVM (maybe push a button or put in a request, who knows), then it will be updated. Otherwise, it stays the same all the time. My husband & I had FP taken in November and both of our AVM changed to "on Dec xx, your FP has been collected,...". Then my husband received notice to have FP retaken. I called IIO to inquire about our FP status and was told everything is fine. However, both of our AVM remained the same till this day. So I wouldn\'t worry too much about the AVM not being updated. Hope this helps.

Worse!

Joinedisn,
My wife and I had our FPs taken on Jan 11, 2002 at Newark, NJ. (Wife on the computer and paper-thingy for self). As of last Friday, the AVM still said "Your I-485 applciation for AOS was received on ... It will take between 365 and 540 days ...!

I\'ll keep you and this forum posted.

More experiences please..

Thanks to those who are sharing.
SWSRUS do keep us posted on your AVM messages.

My FP exp joinedison!

I and my wife went for FP on 12-Jan at Newark NJ. Done the thing - both of us on the computer. In fact I got all my FP info from your post (a big THANK YOU to u!). The AVM msg now says "On 18-Jan......results recvd and processing resumed" for me & wife. Hope your case goes well too!

My experience

My wife and I went for our FP on 11/29/01.

On Jan 10, 2002, my wife\'s AVM changed to "... processing has resumed...". However, mine still says "... pending review...".

I spoke to an IIO about this and she is saying that they have yet to receive my FP results from the FBI. She then said that she checked the FBI system and everything looks fine with my prints. I am not sure how this is possible. It\'s been 2 months since I went for my FP.

GCWait1... for me ...

the IIO is saying that there is no problem. The records are clear in FBIs system. It\'s just that they haven\'t received the results yet and are waiting.

Called the FBI

Spoke to a gentleman and he said that the results were completed on Jan 23rd and were sent to INS the same day. Thanks GCwait1 for the FBI number. So i guess i should not worried about the AVM then and just wait and wait.

Coincidence

palluji,

It is really a great coincidence. Your FP exeprience is same as mine. Our FP was taken on 11/29/01(Computerized). Mine still says "pending review". However, my wife\'s changed to "processing resumed" since 01/10/02. IIO told me that everything is fine with my FP. Hard to trust IIOs. I will have my fingers crossed and wait for the next message change. Thanks

No Title

Me and my wife done FP on 12/12/01 and AVM changed to "FP collected
on 12/19/01 and pending review" and still waiting AVM change to Process resumed.can any one give how long it take to change AVM

I am in same Boat.

I have also done FP on 12/12/2001 and still AVM reads collected and pending review. I had a talk with IIO couple weeks ago and she said it seems to be normal and some one has to review the FP.

Same here, nov26, rkk01

Hey nov26 let me know if you call the IIO. My FP was taken exactly same date 12/12/01 and on 12/19, the
message changed to "fingerprints received pending review". No updates after that, checked today too.
I think I would give them another few weeks, say mid or end Feb, before I call an IIO.
Let me know the progress on your case.

You too rkk01.

Thanks.

FP AVM Updated !

Checked the AVM tonight. Found it was updated saying "On Jan 31st your FP results were received and processing is resumed"..
Wanted to share with you.
In brief for FYI :
FP done : Dec\' 28th, 2001 at Newark,NJ on paper thingy.
Called FBI on Jan 30th, 2002 and was told that FP details were sent to INS on Jan 23rd but the AVM still said FP notice sent.
Feb 02, 2002 : 1:55 a.m checked AVM again and says that FP details were received and processing has resumed.
Just wanted to share with fellow waiters.

Don\'t Worry !

As FP depends on the state so my guess is that the update also depends on the state where FP was done. Mine was in Newark,NJ and yours is Boston. Did you call the FBI ??

No Title

Yes ,I called FBI in the morning,They told me,Results are sent electronically on the same day itself.I want talk to to IIO in INS
I could not able reach them.(lines are busy).My AVM message is still the same FP collected and pending review.Do you think think that is thier any problem in FP results?

Thanks in avance