FP at Baltimore

garamkutta

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks, I have received FP notice and it is scheduled on 12th Mar at Baltimore. On this discussion board I haven\'t sen anybody doing FP at Baltimore. Does anybody have experience with Baltimore ?

Thanks in advance.

GARAMKUTTA

No Title

Hi ,

My husband and myself just got our finger printing done at the Baltimore INS office on 2nd of March.
The staff was nice and everything went fine.

No Title

Me and my wife gave FP on March 6th at Baltimore INS. Go there at least 30 minutes before as you will notice that the INS office from Tower One Building(100, S. Charles St.) has moved a block up the hill to Federal Building. We had appointmet at 8am and were there at 7:45. Came out by 8:10am. Very quick. I was given a card to review them even before my FP is taken and naturally, I gave them all excellent.

I am going there again for Interview on March 22nd along with my wife. Looks l am the only guy on this board who got Interview notice even before I gave my FP.

PD: 08/96
RD: 10/17/99
ND: 10/22/99
Case moved to Baltimore second week on Feb. 2001
FP: 03/06/2001
Interview: 03/22/2001
EB3: India

No Title

Thanks a lot for the info ! By the way, two questions :

1. Does this place have enough parking ? Otherwise parking is a big problem in downtown Baltimore.

2. Do we have to sign our fingerprints ?

I talked to my attorney and my case is not yet transferred anywhere. Anyway I shall keep in touch with you for what happens in the interview.

Thanks again,

GARAMKUTTA

No Title

Just under the federal building there is plenty of parking. Entrance to this lot is from Lombard St. Since my FP was scheduled at 8:00 am I didn\'t have problems with parking. I parked in a small parking lot on Lombard St (close to intersection of S. Charles St.) It cost me $6.00. You will find lot of parking lots all around the INS Building.

I parked around 7:30am and went to the Tower One Building as per the instructions on my Notice. At the security desk, I was told that INS movied to the Federal Building two traffic lights to the right on Lombard St. You can actually walk there from the old building in 5 minutes.

I didn\'t sign anything when I went for FP. First, you go to the INS info. desk and they will give you a token(your queue Number) and a form to fill. If you have EAD or had Practical Training before, you may have received Alein#. You need to fill that on the form along with your address and race questions along with your occupation. When you go for FP, they will ask you to fill an evaluation card before they FingerPrint you. It all takes about 10 min. All they checked was a drivers license. For extra safey I also took my EAD and passport and that helped as I needed to get my Alien# from my EAD.

Good Luck.

No Title

Me Lucky? Well if you think waiting from Aug \'96 is lucky I wonder for how long you are waiting!!!

Let\'s see how it will go on March 22nd and then we\'ll know how luck I am. I already have one major problem going into the interview. My company name changed along with Tax ID due to a merger. My lawyer wants to hold on applying for Amended I-140 as he thinks they may not ask me. Hope they will not ask for it.

No Title

WaitingIsFun - I meant lucky from the perspective that you are the first
one in the Q for the transferred cases. I have the exact same story -
PD 09/96, my company name and tax id changed - am holding off on the
amended I-140. Actually, I did enquire at Baltimore during FP about my
company name change and the officer said - not needed. Anyway, good luck
to you for the interview and hope to hear more interview notices in near
future....

No Title

Dig Dug -- looks like we are on the same boat. Thanks for the good news about not needing amended I-140. Even my lawyers thinks it waste of time and money to do even before they ask for it. He thinks they don\'t care about it. Also, sometime back I read on this board where a guy like us got laid off and changed job even before the new law came into action. He still got his GC without amended I-140.

Keep me posted about your process and so will I.

My lawyer thinks all the marriage proof\'s I was asked to get are not applicable to be and says I don\'t have to worry about it. Still, I decided to take some of the major ones. Please let me know if you get a similar letter for the interview.

Good Luck

No Title

WaitingIsFun - Sure I will post any further dev on this thread.
BTW, what marraige proof\'s are you taking along?

No Title

-Marriage certificate, marriage pictures, picture in hospital when we had a baby and pictures from some family functions.

-Three affidavits from friends and family stating that they know us as married and living together. One of them is from my neighbor.

-Bank Statements and a letter stating that we have a joint account.

-Mortgage papers.

-Birth Certificates.

-Credit card statements.

-Life Insurance docs showing my wife as my beneficiary and her insurance showing me as the beneficiary.

-Letter from employer stating that she is the beneficiary for my 401(K) and is on my health plan from the day I started working from them.