FP appointment question

PittsfieldMA

Registered Users (C)
Below (in my signature) is my filling details. 90 days prior to my 5 yr anniversary (as LPR) would have been 06/13, I gave it an additional week and filed on 06/20.
My FP is scheduled for 07/16. I am wondering... if I finish my FP sooner, will there be a chance that my interview might fall before the 5 yr anniversary (9/10/2009)?
Should I (and can I) delay my fingerprints? Is it a good idea? or should I just go ahead and finish with FP and leave it on CIS?
Kinldy give my your suggestion dear friends!
Thanks in advance.

Below (in my signature) is my filling details. 90 days prior to my 5 yr anniversary (as LPR) would have been 06/13, I gave it an additional week and filed on 06/20.
My FP is scheduled for 07/16. I am wondering... if I finish my FP sooner, will there be a chance that my interview might fall before the 5 yr anniversary (9/10/2009)?
Should I (and can I) delay my fingerprints? Is it a good idea? or should I just go ahead and finish with FP and leave it on CIS?
Kinldy give my your suggestion dear friends!
Thanks in advance.

Leave it to USCIS. It is OK to do interview before 5th anniversary. USCIS
will schedule an oath date after your 5th anniversery.

On the contrary, hubby's interview was scheduled 2 days before he completed 5 years and the IO called him before hand and had the interview rescheduled to a date after him completing 5 years.

Thats what I'm concerned about, the rescheduling could delay the process. So I was thinking may be delay the FP by about 2 weeks but I don't know if that would be a good idea.

On the contrary, hubby's interview was scheduled 2 days before he completed 5 years and the IO called him before hand and had the interview rescheduled to a date after him completing 5 years.

This may be a carryover tradition from same day oath time. There are others
who did interview before 5th anniversary

Probably. But Boston does not even have same day oath. Needless to say, hubby was not a happy camper. His ID got moved by nearly 50 days.

Thats what I'm concerned about, the rescheduling could delay the process. So I was thinking may be delay the FP by about 2 weeks but I don't know if that would be a good idea.

I wouldn't delay the FP if I were you. Usually once you finish FP, it takes between 2-4 weeks to get Interview Letter. Then you have to wait until the Interview Date. By the time that date comes, it might be well after your 5 yr anniversary. Look at my signature for my timeline.

Just my 2 cents.

-JS.

thanks a lot WBH, Luckymb and JSlade.
I think I will go ahead and get the FP done.

Not sure about progress at your locale, but my IL came 24 days after the FPs were completed and my interview is scheduled for 3 months and 2 days after PHX lock box received the N-400. I suspect it would be safe to continue but it may be cutting it fine as Phx-Dude got his IL almost two weeks faster than mine.

I have read a lot of other posts here and one or two were denied at the interview but mostly the IO said they could not give the approval stamp until after the anniversary date. I have also read where the IO said they would delay the Oath letter to get beyond that date.

The stories seem to differ greatly. I would be inclined to do the FPs and then when you get the interview letter, reschedule if needed, just to be on the safe side. I don't like the idea of rescheduling, but I have been reading where people have been given the date they requested in the reschedule so it may be OK.