FP appointment- Can I do it earlier than the given date?

thunderstruck

Registered Users (C)
I received FP notice for mid-october. Can I do it earlier than that? Has anybody done that?

have been...thunderstruck.

whats the hurry ?

what is hurry for early finger prints. It is not know to expedite anything. Your scheduled date is not very far either. Why stress out ?

you can do it earlier but it won't change anything. As long as the lazy people in the INS do not move their AS@ to increase the rate of approval, nothing will change.

Hey thunder,

You can do it early. If you are lucky and if its your day, then INS would take your finger prints before scheduled appointment date. I have seen many people doing this in this forum. For some people, INS had asked them to come back on scheduled date. No harm in trying.

There is difference

My second FP schedule is Sept. 13. But I did it on July 22. and got approved on Aug 26. There is difference and I strongly recommend you to do it earlier.

If you check other thread in this forum, you will see a lot cases as mine who did their FP earlier and got approved earlier.

smart_guy007 said:
what is hurry for early finger prints. It is not know to expedite anything. Your scheduled date is not very far either. Why stress out ?

I did early 2nd FP at SJ center and got my approval after 3 weeks from that. My Scheduled date was on Sept 1st 2004.

Good luck

There is a big advantage of doing the fingerprinting early. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what he/she is talking about. I got my second FP notice on Aug.6. My second FP was scheduled for Sept. 22. I went to the ASC in San Jose and got the second FP done of the same day I got the second FP notice i.e. Aug. 6. My case was approved on Aug. 18. I got my passport stamped on Aug 24. So if I had listened to anyone who said early fingerprinting made no difference, I would still be sitting here with my second FP notice. And mine is not an isolated case. There are so many instances here where early finger printing has helped.
So go for it. Get it done early.

smart_guy007 said:
I have absolutely no clue what you are smoking but it probably is pretty darn good. Take a look at the approval threads around you and you will know how contrary your advice is to the evidence.

My personal case:
FP scheduled 9/1
FP done 7/24
Approval 8/11

thunderstruck,

I had posted a thread a couple of weeks ago on my early fingerprinting experience. You might want to hunt that up if you want some serious advice on early FP. A lot of people had posted some good advice on that thread. I Strongly recommend early FP.

I went and did my FP today. No problems at all. No body even asked me about the actual appt. date (which was mid-october). No line, no waiting, nothing. Walk in- walk out kinda thing. I am impressed. Now lets see how much doing FP earlier will help.

Thanks for all the responses.

have been...thunderstruck.