Forms for GC through Marrige with US Citizen

bsang999

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am marrying a US Citizen and i need to know what are all the forms i need to fill out. Based on my research am i correct that i need to fill the following:

1. I130 Petition for Alien relative filled by my spouse
2. I864 Affidavit of support filled by my spouse
3. I765 Employment authorization document (work permit) by me.
4. I485 Application to adjust status to permanent resident by me.
5. I693 Immigration Medical for me
6. G-325A 2 copies 1 by me and one by my spouse

Now Do i have to submit all of these at once when i submit at the local USCIS office or i have to wait for some forms till i get my interview call.
Since the (I693 - Medical Exam) expires after a year, do we have to take it when we go for our interview call or when we initially submit all these forms upfront.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

bsang999,
you are on the mark for the forms. This is the complete set..

For medical Exams, it depends on the local service center. In NJ it is requested at the time of the interview. Whether your local office needs it allong with the initial package or not,can be determined from the instructions for I-693 form...

goodluck...

Nationality column

Swaiting,

I have a question on G-325 form. My spouse, a US citizen, filled the nationality column as "US citizen". But our attorney said her nationality is indian. This casts a doubt. Any suggestion on what should be filled in this column?

thanks in advance.

-M

Dear MilPride--

I have filled out form G325 and I am Mexican but now I am a US Citizen by Naturalization. In the box for Nationality, your wife should put where she is orginally from;) it does not affect if you do not mention she is a US Citizen because that is known by presenting other forms or documents that demonstrate she is a US Citizen. Therefore, tell you wife to do as instructed by her attorney;)

also don't forget about the i-131

even if you are not planning a trip I would suggest you get it anyway so that if you need to leave the country for some reason this will save you the trouble of having to go to the ins office and begging them to give you emergency advanced parole.

also don't forget they have new photo requirements now

you will need photos of both you and spouse.

good luck to you