Form I-864 and IRS 9003

Sri20

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
SOme of the EB categories indicate that we need to take these forms Form I-864 and IRS 9003 to the Interview, could anyone tell me whether it is really needed for the interview.

I understand that we can take IRS 9003 cause that is something we can fill in...but what about I -864 in employment based immig...
cause i'm not sure how to take that

ANy help?.....

Sri -
1. I-864 is only for family based. If you have any dependants, then you need to fill I-134 for them.
2. From the postings of successful CPers on this forum, IRS-9003 form is not required nowadays and it is not asked for during the interview.

So..do not worry about any of these forms.

Thanks for the info

Thanks Miami

Could u tell me when are u expecting ur interview date....my case was reviewed on Aug 9th and send to madras on Aug 13th ......Chennai consulate confirmed that the case is in the system, yet to hear from them regarding my interview date

Thanks

My case was sent on July-24th and I was very hopeful that I would get Sept-Interview, but never made to it. Dates would be published next week and I am expecting my date to be on Oct-25th (being EB3).

After following the entries in cptracker.com, seems like if the case is forwarded before 20th, we are likely to get the interview within 2 months, else it takes 3 months. You will definitely get October.

Good luck to you Sri.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Miami

I wrote to chennai consulate and got the reply that the interview is on Oct 24'2002. Did u hear anything from Chennai consulate....all the best! Good luck!