Form I-485 questions

HARARE_123

Registered Users (C)
I posted my queries earlier on similar issues and You all are so helpful. I am very thankful to all of you. Just a few more questions. Please HELP. To recap, I am an US citizen and i just got married and wish to apply to adjust status of my wife. I am concurently filing I-130 with her I-485. Yesterday i visited the local USCIS office with an info pass as some questions on the forms were confusing. I'm not not very confident with the answers the officer gave me there so i just want to double check with you'll. PLEASE HELP.
1. In the I-1485 , as i am concurently filing I-130 what do i tick in question of Part 2. Application type: there are options a-h here. The officer said my wife should tick option'h' and write there married to US citizen.
2. On the PROCESSING SHEET FOR FORM I-485 what do i put for PRIORITY DATE:_________ WHICH IS NEXT TO FORM 1-194 #? She said my wife should put 'IMMEDIATE" ....is this right?
3. Mny forms asked for my wife's visa number? Which number is this? There are 2 numbers on her visa , one called the 'control number' and one number just printed on the lower right end of her visa. Now the officer said that the I-94# was the visa number. Is she right?THanks in advance for answering my queries. Bless u all.

Usually you can trust the Infopass officers, but I can see how they can sometimes make you feel insecure. :)
1. From what I've read in the forum, you can tick both a or h. We ticked a and apparently that was right, too. They say: "... attach approval notice... OR a relative... petition filed with the application that will give you an immediately available visa number..."
That's what your I-130 is. It gives her an immediately availabe visa number.
That's why we ticked a). But h) with "married to US citizen" would work as well.

2. We didn't have a processing sheet but I heard about that. Probably a new thing. Yeah, your wife's priority date is immediate. It will be either your Notice Date or the Received Date, but since you haven't filed yet, you don't know the exact date, so just writing "immediate" makes sense.

3. What kind of visa does your wife have? You say "control number", so I think hers looks similar to mine. It's not the control number, but the 8 digit number in the bottom right corner. Mine is in red print.
It is not the I-94 number, because that's the I-94 number, which you will also have to write down at some other point.
I didn't know it either and called the service number. They didn't know and forwarded my call to an Immigration Officer, and she told me.

Hope this helps.
Good luck to you! :)