Form Filling ?'s - Help Please

millwall

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

Thanks to anyone in advance who maybe able to shed some light on these ?'s.

I have had a P-1 visa for 8 years and have just married a USC. I'm filling out the green card forms and have hit a few stumbling blocks....

1. Is my Visa # the "control Number" stated on the P-I Visa ?

2. My wifes father is going to be my sponsor as her earnings are not enough - will she still have to provide tax records and be a co-sponsor? or, will it just be her father ?

3. On Form I-765 - I'm confused by question 16. Where are the instructions for this ? Doe anyone know what code I need for () () () ?????
A DIY kit I bought says c o 9 but my friend who is in a similar position as me says it's
c c 9.

4. I have an I-94 from the last time I entered the US from Europe (earlier this year), but I have been up to Canada a few times since and my passport was not stamped - nor was the I-94 removed. There seem to be a lot of questions on the forms about the I-94, should I put down the date of last entry to the US as stated on the I-94 or when I actually last entered. ( I guess it's when I last entered but i'm worried there will be a problem if they cross reference records and don't have a record of me going to canada).

5. When asked if have I applied for USCIS employment authorization before do I count applying for a P-1 visa or is it a "no" ?

6. Is the date my USCIS status expires the date on my visa or the date on my I-94 (about 10 days later) ?

Thanks very much !

In bold.

Hi there,

Thanks to anyone in advance who maybe able to shed some light on these ?'s.

I have had a P-1 visa for 8 years and have just married a USC. I'm filling out the green card forms and have hit a few stumbling blocks....

1. Is my Visa # the "control Number" stated on the P-I Visa ? No. It should be a 9 digit number printed in RED.

2. My wifes father is going to be my sponsor as her earnings are not enough - will she still have to provide tax records and be a co-sponsor? or, will it just be her father ? Your wife will serve as the sponsor and yes, she has to provide employment and tax information. Your father in law will serve as the co-sponsor and he also has to provide that information.

3. On Form I-765 - I'm confused by question 16. Where are the instructions for this ? Doe anyone know what code I need for () () () ?????
A DIY kit I bought says c o 9 but my friend who is in a similar position as me says it's
c c 9. The answer is (c) (9) ()

4. I have an I-94 from the last time I entered the US from Europe (earlier this year), but I have been up to Canada a few times since and my passport was not stamped - nor was the I-94 removed. There seem to be a lot of questions on the forms about the I-94, should I put down the date of last entry to the US as stated on the I-94 or when I actually last entered. ( I guess it's when I last entered but i'm worried there will be a problem if they cross reference records and don't have a record of me going to canada). Use the information on your I-94.

5. When asked if have I applied for USCIS employment authorization before do I count applying for a P-1 visa or is it a "no" ? I do not think that competing/entertaining counts as employment, but then did you make money as salary? did an employer fill out a i-129 for you? if so, then say yes.

6. Is the date my USCIS status expires the date on my visa or the date on my I-94 (about 10 days later) ? The date on the I-94

Thanks very much !

Thanks for your speedy response ! Do you know where I find the instuctions for filling out the forms - ie where the codes are for the 765 #16. i think i must have overlooked it. thanks again.

Thanks for your speedy response ! Do you know where I find the instuctions for filling out the forms - ie where the codes are for the 765 #16. i think i must have overlooked it. thanks again.

On the instructions pages.

Go to USCIS.gov and click on "Immigration Forms" there find the form you need and click on it's page. You will find both the Instructions and the form as a .pdf document to download.

hi !
i'm now working on the I-864 support form. Do my wife and her father fill out separate forms or the same one please ? I can't see a section on there for a joint sponsor.
Thanks !