foreigner investor and work in US

mguaragna

I am about to open a corporation or a LLC in the US. In the company there are two American partners, and 4 foreigners (2 Brazilians and 2 Italians). The company will be an importer and distributor of construction material based in Nevada.

Two of the partners (Italians) will need to be working in American soil.

I am writing i order to enquire which one is the best visa for this particular situation, how to apply and how difficult it is...

I wait for answers.

Thanks. Best Regards,

Mauro G.

There are basically three options, but they all depend on certain qualifications:
1. E1 (import/export) or E2 (investor) visa - requires that Italian citizens own 50% or more of the company. No specific requirements for the education of the Italians except that their skills/education qualify them for the work in the company
2. H1b visa - requires the company to prove they have enough capital to pay the prevailing wage for the position. Education requirements are more strict, at least a bachelor degree and/or other relevant experience. H1b visas are not available any more for this fiscal year (with a few exceptions though)
3. L1 visa - requires that a foreign business entity already exist. The new company is a subsidiary of the foreign entity. Very flexible visa, but also need proof that you are able to pay salaries.
Some other more obscure options are available, but these are the most appropriate. Check with an attorney for professional advise.

Business visas

Billy Bob got it pretty much correct. The best option is an E visa, however this depends on the amount of investment being made by the Italian partners, as well as the amount of the total investment. H1B visas require the person seeking them have a college degree, in addition you cannot apply for one until April of 2005 and they will not be issued until October. IF you would like a free consultaiton to discuus your options with an experienced immigraiton paralegal call 410-404-6813 or 702-248-4918.